Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from November:
- Golden State Warriors offer $100 monthly passes with no view of court. Interesting ticketing play
- Fortnite NFL skins removed from store after less than a week
- Vikings added a purple glow to the stadium on Sunday's game
- Netflix has a promotions problem and it's going to get worse
- 15,000 Instagram Stories from 200 of world's top brands analysed
- Facebook exodus: nearly half of young users have deleted the app from their phone in the last year
- How properly wasting time at work increases productivity
- Steelers introduce new Terrible Towel augmented reality experiences. Congrats to Priya Narasimhan and Yinzcam
- Juventus and Brooklyn Nets partner for Barclays watch party
- How AS Roma won at football Twitter community engagement. Stellar work Paul Rogers
- Court says no tax applies to Reds bobblehead promotions
- Whistle Sports signs with CAA after securing $28M in new funding. Congrats to Josh Grunberg and Whistle Sports
- SuperBowl guru on how to win the ad game
- ‘No Morals’: advertisers react to Facebook report in NY Times. Sour grapes from agency side who sold the content and community angle for years
- Facebook quietly launches a TikTok competitor app called Lasso, wishes to win teens over
- Kobe Bryant wants to sell you a sports drink
- Collectible trading cards featuring Silicon Valley capitalists are up for sale. Have you got a Sean Callanan card yet?
- The startups behind Australia's esports push. Looking forward to facing ORDER in OPL
- Michael Johnson nearly back to normal after suffering stroke. Good insight into Olympic mindset of a champion
- Premier League gets its first female chief with Susanna Dinnage appointed
- Marvel teams up with Riot Games for graphic novel based on League of Legends. Excited to see this big collab
- Esports is ready for primetime, says 20K League of Legends fans. We are on board!
- Psychology behind fan identification and consumer behaviour in sports Good read on how we can connect with fan's identity. Look forward to next post
- Netflix's hackathon produces a way to navigate its iOS app with ARKit and Face ID
- The evolution of the AFL website good sports digital history lesson
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in November
- Sports & Australia – long history, bright future – Kate Palmer – CEO Series – 26 Nov 2018
- How major events drive visitors to Victoria – Damien de Bohun – 19 Nov 2018
- Sports Geek OPL story – 12 Nov 2018
- Developing fans in motorsport – Nick Ryan, Nissan Motorsport – 05 Nov 2018
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.