On this week's episode Sean chats with Priya Narasimhan, CEO & Founder, YinzCam, Inc. Sean and Priya finally coordinate their travel plans to geek out in Melbourne about apps, stadiums and the evolution of fan engagement.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- Priya's story and how one ice hockey game changed her career path
- How Yinzcam started as a research project with Pittsburgh Penguins
- Launching Yinzcam as an actual product and branching out to different codes
- How clients help drive the Yinzcam roadmap who are pushing them to develop new technology to grow their platforms
- Yinzcam venturing more into the Australian market
- How the club app needs to be integrated in every club's workflow to communicate with their members and fans
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Priya Narasimhan from Yinzcam, follow her on Twitter @YinzcamPriya, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Visit Priya's website
- Follow Yinzcam on Twitter @Yinzcam, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sports Geek on Twitter @SportsGeek, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sean Callanan on Twitter @SeanCallanan, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
Telling the Yinzcam story at #SAC2017
Our CEO @YinzcamPriya is down under, telling the #YinzCam story and discussing data and analytics at #SAC2017. pic.twitter.com/KTV6fCq2bE
— YinzCam® Inc. (@yinzcam) August 4, 2017
When hard work becomes a reality
How awesome to see our work on a street sign in Melbourne, Australia. #nrl #footy #sports #mobile pic.twitter.com/iiqAGurqFE
— YinzCam® Inc. (@yinzcam) March 22, 2017
ICYMI @torontofc became the first #MLS team to incorporate #augmentedreality into their mobile app, as we partnered to launch TFC Face Paint! Toronto soccer fans can take a selfie photo with the app's built-in camera and then select from 10 different paint designs, which overlay their facial features. These pics can then be saved or shared via social. 📱⚽️🤳 #smsports #mobileapp #AR #facepaint #Toronto #soccer
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Terrific for Sports Professionals
★★★★★ in iTunes by Soxboy46 from USA on May 5, 2017
The Sports Geek Podcast by Sean Callanan is a great sports podcast and does a deep dive into the business side of sports. He has educational guests who are knowledgable on the ever-changing digital and media landscape. This is must-subscribe podcast.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek