Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from October:
- The art of the sidle: the slickest move in NBA media
- The teens who post the same thing everyday on Instagram. Weird but successful
- NRL rolls out new branding, great discussion in Sports Geek Nation Facebook Group
- With sports gambling legal, some are betting on a new kind of fan experience
- Story behind Sixers Rocky inspired jersey
- Is NBA social media addition out of control
- $650 World Series ticket stolen through Instagram photo Doh!
- Madison Square Garden sets target for splitting sports and live businesses in the first half of 2019
- LAFC taps into contactless ticketing, season ticket members will benefit from this
- Australians urged to #GetOnside as AusBid2023.com is launched
- LA Clippers debut new augmented reality NBA experience. Check out Clippers Court Vision
- Chargers try new media strategy in battle for L.A.
- 100 websites that shaped the internet as we know it. How many do you remember?
- Telstra hangs up on Ooyala, sells back to owner. Ouch!
- On-field advertising causes major distractions in Bledisloe Cup 2018, the case of the disappearing players!
- Why Mastercard signed a big League of Legends sponsorship deal
- 23 charts and maps that show the world is getting better finally
- NBA 2K19 and other sports games have gone overboard with ads and it's ruining the fun
- Green Bay Packers and Microsoft win domain name fight
- Massive sponsorship ask for Fortnite World Cup
- AFL Players: who influences the influencers? Players follow less players than you think
- FIFA to double Women’s World Cup prize money
- What the Australian esports sponsorship pitch looks like
- Greg Norman company leads $1.5MM series seed round investment in Spalk Talk. Congrats to Ben Reynolds!
- Juventus soccer club is launching a crypto token to give fans a voice – not convinced about crypto and sport in this use case
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in October
- Esports and the power of live events – Nick Vanzetti – 29 October 2018
- Podcasting is just the start…How to market yourself & your podcast – 22 October 2018
- Making success sustainable – Dave Donaghy – Melbourne Storm – CEO Series – 15 October 2018
- Understanding the psychology of your digital fans – Andi Perelman – Pittsburgh Penguins – 08 October 2018
- Baden Stephenson on leading through change – Melbourne Rebels – Sports Geek CEO Series – 01 October 2018
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.