Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from July:
- LAFC is making food and drink orders more convenient for fans at home games
- 50 most-watched sporting events of 2019 so far
- Sponsored shirts with no logos? A change in strategy in football or just PR stunt?
- NBA teams to host NBL teams to participate in the NBA preseason. Kudos to NBL CEO and former Sports Geek guest Jeremy Loeliger
- Why The Open is the best major championship in golf
- YouTube sees over 200K peak concurrent viewers for first MLB broadcast
- Addressing the football rights plateau… good read not just football!
- EA Sports confirm partnership with Liverpool FC to become club's official video game partner
- Will Instagram's new ads limit organic reach?
- The problem of Cricket Australia's double counting participation numbers
- Twitter vs Instagram: which platform is better for branding
- How the NFL now has a two-pronged, long-term plan in London
- NBA invested in this AI startup to train and find its next crop of global superstars
- Instagram quantified our popularity and now it wants to fix it
- Smart venue technology revolutionises the stadium experience
- LaLiga is transforming into a professional football technology company
- Have we hit peak podcast? Good advice for podcast producers and listeners alike
- For digital sports media, the goal is getting their audience to wear them
- Starbucks and Amazon partner on sports documentary about soccer
- Facebook’s image outage reveals how the company’s AI tags your photos
- Twitter.com gets makeover do you like it (or even use it on desktop)?
- These kids are ticking time bombs – the threat of youth basketball
- Sports journalism disrupted, The Athletic makes football push
- TikTok bats for Wimbledon with content partnership
- 30 one-sentence improv lessons anybody can practice to live a happier life. Some days you need to read this list twice.
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you may have missed
- Gemba's Rob Mills about fan research, broadcast and sports sponsorship valuation – 02 Jul 2019
- Tim Hayden from Stadia Ventures on startups, sports and innovation – 25 Jun 2019
- Zack Klima on how Wait Time improves fan experience with less waiting – 18 Jun 2019
- Debs Majumdar on how Fox Sports grew audience and revenue one tweet at a time – 4 Jun 2019
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Roku, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.