On this week's episode, Sean chats to the Australian National Basketball League's CEO, Jeremy Loeliger. As part of the CEO Series, Sean and Jeremy chat about rebuilding the NBL and building ties with the NBA.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How the NBL went about relaunching all digital assets and rebranding the league after Larry Kestelman taking over as major shareholder
- How treating the NBL as a commercial business has built credibility and strengthened ties with the NBA
- How the NBLxNBA deal came about
- What the NBL's current metrics for success are
- The NBL's hopes for the new 3 on 3 competition and how important it will be for participation levels
- Jeremy's hopes for the upcoming finals season
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Jeremy Loeliger from NBL for being our guest on this week's show
- Connect with Jeremy on Twitter @JeremyLoeliger, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Follow the NBL on Twitter @NBL, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Download our new guide – Building Facebook Campaigns
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for our Sports Geek Jobs Email
Some tweets you may have missed
Finishing off the season with a bang!
Talk about finishing up the #NBL18 regular season with a BANG 💥
We've got a Blockbuster Sunday triple-header for you, First up at 3pm AEDT #ILLatMEL, followed by #NZLatSYD at 5pm and finally #CNSatPER at 7pm 🏀🏀🏀
Preview all the action at https://t.co/KyKI4CBjQD pic.twitter.com/HNjxSA59TN
— NBL (@NBL) February 17, 2018
And now the finals are set!
With that result, we have our Finals schedule set. @MelbUnitedHQ (1️⃣) face the @NZBreakers (4️⃣) and the @Adelaide36ers (2️⃣) match up with the @PerthWildcats (3️⃣).
Full schedule: https://t.co/ukGHh3orWn pic.twitter.com/AwUgrYp2Rk
— NBL (@NBL) February 18, 2018
NBL is 40
#NBLat40 Anniversary Team Starter – @AndrewGaze10
612 games, 22 seasons with Melbourne Tigers 1984-2005. Highest point scorer in NBL history (18,908), All-time leader in assists, 7-time NBL MVP, 15-time NBL leading scorer, 15-time All NBL first team,🐐. pic.twitter.com/EaVzr0m6xZ
— NBL (@NBL) February 9, 2018
Open air game is a sell out
You can open the roof, but shut the 🚪 because today's #BNEatMEL open air affair is a sellout with a 10,300 strong crowd 💪 #NBL18 pic.twitter.com/btijCY3ThY
— NBL (@NBL) December 26, 2017
Book in for this free webinar now with Sports Geek and Tradable Bits
📆 Save the date. Feb. 27th 1pm PST.
Sign up for the next @tradablebits webinar: How to Create a #Chatbot in 5 Easy Steps featuring @seancallanan from @sportsgeek
👉🏻 https://t.co/UtMef96FeD pic.twitter.com/a8LIFZ29Ay
— Lenny Goh 🇨🇦 (@lennygoh) February 8, 2018
Thanks for the review on iTunes
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by Gavin MacPhee from USA on August 23, 2017
The sports geek podcast provides great insight from industry leaders on a variety of sports business sectors. Sean is an engaging and passionate host and the guests are an eclectic mix from different countries, sports and areas of expertise. This is valuable listening for anyone in sports marketing!
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek