Brad Mayne was one of the key people I met on my very first #SportsGeekTrip when he was CEO of American Airlines Center in Dallas, he is now CEO & President at MetLife Stadium in New York I catch up with him to discuss his career in sports and his recent experience hosting Super Bowl XLVIII. I also reflect on a nightmarish experience leading up to the NRL Grand Final that had a very happy ending.
On this podcast you’ll learn from about:
- The management differences between an indoor and outdoor stadium
- How Brad's ability working with multiple ownership groups was vital in new role at MetLife Stadium
- How the technology demand on stadiums keeps increasing
- The customer service demands on stadiums and how MetLife Stadium can turn around a bad fan experience
- Moving to paperless ticketing and RFID technology
- What would you do if your phone died before the big game?
Resources from the episode
Brad's tweet morning after SB48
Luckily the cold weather didn't hit during the game, but it didn't miss by much.
Last time we met…
Social Media Post of the Week
Congrats to the South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers for 2014
and on Instagram
From the Rabbitohs Family Day using Google+ Auto Awesome feature
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.