On today's podcast I've included one of the panel discussion's I moderated at SEAT in Miami. We looked at where the fan was headed and how will sports serve fans in the future. It was great to have several different perspectives on the panel with Leagues (NFL and MLB), teams (New England Patriots), media (ESPN) and technology (Experience, MLBAM, ESPN) all represented on the panel.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- What the NFL has learned from analysis on wi-fi network usage
- How ESPN is changing it's coverage to integrate mobile
- Why 120 sports was formed and what MLBAM has learned so far
- The advantage teams have over media with deep connections to fans
- The importance of engaging fans where they are – home, on the move, in stadium
- How important is it for teams to build up the live experience
- Why the sports media landscape is fragmenting and what you can do
Resources from the episode
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Please connect with my panelists:
- Joe Inzerillo, EVP & CTO, Major League Baseball Advanced Media
- Eric Johnson, Executive Vice President Multimedia Sales, ESPN (@ericcjohnson)
- Junior Gaspard, Vice President Sales & Retention, Experience (@jgaspard1)
- Michelle McKenna-Doyle, CIO, National Football League (@NFLCIO)
- Fred Kirsch, Publisher & Vice President of Content, New England Patriots (@Fred_Kirsch)
- Connect with Christine Stoffel and join SEAT group on Linkedin
- Good follow up article with Michelle – NFL CIO: Quarterbacking A Digital Revolution
- Find out more about Steve Sammartino's book “The Great Fragmentation” as mentioned on the panel and listen to my interview with Steve on Behind The Book episode of Beers, Blokes & Business.
- Check out the SEAT conference Fancam taken at the end of the Welcome Address
- Here is our SEAT 2014 hub it was a busy few days in Miami
- Listen to podcasts with SEAT 2014 Sponsors
- Check out photos from SEAT on Flickr
- Please cast your vote for Richard Clarke's SXSW submission on Arsenal's FA Cup win
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
What they said… tweets from #SEAT2014
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.