On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How the digital team at Adelaide Crows has evolved
- How Adelaide Crows coach Brenton Sanderson uses Twitter and including a great story with a 100 year old Crows fan
- Why #CrowsChat is working for the Crows fans and players alike
- Who designed the Dodgers Stadium and why didn't they think of wi-fi?
- How Horizon look to fit wi-fi solutions into new & old stadiums
- Growing need for temporary events to provide wi-fi including music festivals and golf courses
- What is trending on Facebook
- What are Hashflags?
Resources from the episode
- Connect with David Burtenshaw on Twitter (@DBCrows) and on Linkedin
- Keep an eye on Adelaide Crows at AFC.com.au and @Adelaide_FC on Twitter and @Adelaide_FC on Instagram and Adelaide Crows on Facebook
- Crows coach Sando picks up 100 year old fan
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Connect with Horizon's Mike DeGraw on Linkedin
- Follow @HorizonComm on Twitter, Facebook and Linkedin
- Don't forget to pick up your #SEAT2014 at Horizon booth in Miami
- Horizon Communications named wi-fi partner for 2014 Special Olympics
- Listen to previous episodes about SEAT (#49 – Christine on SEAT2014, #9 – Christine, #13 Case Studies, #14 #SEAT2013 podcast)
- Twitter brings back Hashflags
- Facebook has launches Trending World Cup
- Connect with all guest of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Sounds of the Game clip from opening World Cup game from Kaka's Facebook page
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
How loud is it at Adelaide Oval?
Here is the goal Dave and I discussed, too loud to hear the siren.
Nice work Sando
Remember Dorothy? 100yrs old & doesn't miss a game. Saw her at the bus stop so gave her a lift #gocrows pic.twitter.com/XpMk4326Mp
— Brenton Sanderson (@SandoAFC) July 21, 2013
Thanks for support 50 episodes
Watch this video as thanks, every Michael Jordan 50 point game
See you in Miami for SEAT 2014
As I said on the podcast I'm looking forward to seeing many podcast listeners and guests in Miami for SEAT Conference in July. Don't forget to send in your best content and campaigns so I can profile them at #SEAT2014, email me or use contact form. If you want to connect with sports executives then Miami is the place to be, secure your registration now.
Another @SEATconference international RT @Nyholmdk: @seancallanan – I will be at #SEAT2014 in Miami for sure 🙂 pic.twitter.com/wf09C1yJpM — Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) June 11, 2014
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.
Follow Sports Geek on Soundcloud, all episodes available.
David Burtenshaw on Adelaide Crows Fan Engagement Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek