Welcome to 2014, Sports Geek Podcast is back ready for a big year in sports digital on this week's show we chat with Debbie Spillane on ABC Grandstand about what is ahead in 2014. In our first SEAT Partner Profile I chat with Larry Bush from Store Financial we look at how their retail experience will give sports teams the edge in 2014. I chat with Heikki Aura from Uplause in Finland about their stadium fan engagement solutions recently installed at Madison Square Garden.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- Why sports teams will focus on content over likes
- Will Google Glass provide killer content?
- How stadiums can engage with fans using social
- What sports teams can learn from retail loyalty programs
- Importance of engaging fans in stadium and outside stadium with Store Financial
- How Store Financial can do a one time promotion or a national event dynamically
- What does Uplause offer stadiums that usual scoreboard animations
Like this episode? please leave a review in iTunes.
Resources from the episode
- Connect with Larry Bush from Store Financial on Twitter (@LarryBushSr) and on Linkedin
- Find out more about Store Financial – Final Four Sponsor at SEAT 2014 connect with them on Twitter (@StoreFinancial1) and Facebook
- See you at #SEAT2014 in Miami
- Connect with Heikki Aura from Uplause on Twitter (@HeikkiAura) and on Linkedin
- Follow Uplause on Facebook and Twitter (@Uplause) and see examples on Flickr
- Connect with Debbie Spillane on Twitter (@debspillane)
- Roy Hibbert using Google Glass
- Twitter recap of #Ashes series using custom Timelines
- Sounds of the Game from #PinkTest at SCG
- Ep #31 dedicated to NBA Hall of Famer Reggie Miller. 8 points in 9 seconds, watch ESPN 30 for 30 Winning Time
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Uplause at Madison Square Garden
Social Media Post of the Week
Talk like that got you in trouble with Binga #loveyouStu RT @piersmorgan: Two batting legends… and @scgmacgill pic.twitter.com/6FKr6d9piN
— Sydney Cricket Grnd (@scg) January 4, 2014
Send in your nominations for best social media post of the week – Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Vine… for whatever reason fan engagement, sponsorship activation, cool content….
Watch Piers Morgan facing Brett Lee
Send me a tweet @SeanCallanan or @SportsGeek with your nominations
Top Tweets using Custom Timelines
See you at #SBNight
When: 6pm January 21st
Where: HONEY Bar, 345 Clarendon Street South Melbourne
Closing 2 Cents
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your networks. Thanks in advance.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek