Last year I presented a keynote showcasing the best digital case studies from around the world with case studies from NBA, Arsenal, AFL, NASCAR, Detroit Red Wings, Tampa Bay Lightning, Melbourne Storm and more.
Last year's theme was “Digital is the face paint of a sports fan generation” focussed on content strategy and campaigns. You watch the keynote intro here and download the supporting eBook here that had over 1500 downloads.
2015 theme is “Online meet offline” looking at campaigns engaging fans in the stands and at home and connecting them with digital efforts. It will include case studies looking at the following:
- how teams are activating content produced by fans in stadium
- how teams are driving more fans into stadium via digital
- how teams are connecting their digital cheer squads online and offline
- how fans are using new technology to present a new game day experience
- how video is being used by teams and fans to show their digital face paint
- how teams are using influencer marketing
- how new platforms and applications are being used to reach new fans
- profile innovate ways to attract valuable data from fans – both transactional & behavioural data
- many more, I look forward to your submissions
I will lean on my Sports Geek Podcast guests and the SEAT Steering Committee for great case studies, please nominate your campaign or even a small content idea that was a tremendous success for you. Additionally if you want me to find out more of a campaign you liked, admired from another team please alert me and I'll follow up to include it.