Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from June:
- MasterCard scraps World Cup meal-donation campaign after outrage
- World Cup already beset by empty seats and FIFA is baffled. FIFA World Cup 2018 No shows a problem
- This is where sports coverage is going
- How Instagram’s algorithm works
- Ange Postecoglou: Australian football is going backwards – strong words but good read
- AFL v soccer: A pitch battle for numbers
- How the NBA used Twitter to dominate sports social media
- World Cup broadcasters report record-breaking streaming figures
- The NBA's new AR app lets you step into a portal to the Finals. Watch this clip to see how cool it is
- A 100-year old, 15-minute routine for stress-free productivity
- Australia enters the unknown with new era of World Cup coverage
- Things I've learned about podcasting over the past 5 years. Tweetstorm by Sean Callanan
- How to add Instagram action buttons to your business profile
- Memes ‘will be banned' under new EU copyright law, warn campaigners – damn lawyers!
- After years of growth, the use of social media for news is falling across the world
- Derek Jeter‘s storytelling revolution
- Well done to Paul Rogers AS Roma drawing attention to fun transfer campaign. Here's the result
- How legalized sports betting could make lots of money for the NBA, NFL, MLB, NHL
- 49ers team up to open branded ’49ers Fit’ gym in San Jose
- MLB's declining attendance issue. No shows are a global problem
- How Twitter made the tech world's most unlikely comeback
- Melbourne esports open: Victoria pushes to become Australia's gaming hub
- NRL on track to smash $45 million surplus, opens up books
- Adelaide Football Club acquire another sports team, Adelaide Bite
- Adidas and Nike team up with Bitmoji to give virtual kit access to football fans
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in June
- A culture that builds leaders – Bill Schlough, SF Giants – 25 June
- Inside the NBA 2K world with Bucks Gaming – Cayle Drabinksy – 18 June
- Stadiums, fans & technology – how they fit together with Al Guido, San Francisco 49ers – 11 June
- Know your fans, know your market with Anthony Alsop – Brisbane Lions – 04 June
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.