On this week's episode, Sean chats with Cayle Drabinsky Director of Business Operations and Co-Director of Bucks Gaming. Sean and Cayle chat about NBA 2K League Season 1, esports and integrating Bucks Gaming into the Milwaukee Bucks business.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Cayle Drabinsky on how his role at Milwaukee Bucks evolved through the years
- How the Bucks Gaming team prepared for their NBA 2K League entry
- What opportunities they see from esports that will benefit Bucks' business
- How they leverage their digital team working on Bucks Gaming
- How they support the NBA 2K League players on health and wellness
- Launch of Sports Geek Nation, listen to podcast to find out how you can join as a Foundation member
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Cayle Drabinsky from Bucks Gaming for being this week's guest
- Connect with Cayle Drabinsky on Twitter @cayle and LinkedIn
- Follow Bucks Gaming on Twitter @BucksGG and Instagram
- Follow Milwaukee Bucks on Twitter @bucks, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Follow NBA 2K League on Twitter @NBA2KLeague, Facebook, Instagram and watch the games live on Twitch
- Some related articles you might want to read more about Milwaukee Bucks & Bucks Gaming
- Some Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
- Daniel Ringland on esports growth
- Rahul Sood from Unikrn on esports, sports betting and cryptocurrency
- What you need to know about esports from Tom Halls
Highlights from podcast with Cayle Drabinsky
3:20 Cayle Drabinsky’s role at the Bucks prior to NBA 2K League launch
5:48 The advantages of integrating NBA 2K League to the Bucks’ business
7:14 How they prepared to form the Bucks’ 2K League team
10:25 Cayle on how they support their players in terms of health and wellness
12:30 The opportunities NBA 2K League offers to Milwaukee Bucks
17:26 The advantages of Twitch broadcast on engagement point of view
20:26 How esports open doors for sponsorship and brands
22:11 Leveraging the Bucks Gaming digital team
27:24 The team’s goals for NBA 2K League Season 1
30:10 How the players compete in the esports tournament
31:36 The Buck’s future plans on their esports venture
32:14 Sports Geek Closing Five
38:04 Sean announces Sports Geek Nation Foundation membership, listen in to find out how you can join
Some tweets/posts you may have missed
From the NBA 2K League studios in NYC
Check out highlights from this past weekend as we participated in the midseason tournament!!
NBA 2K League – "The Turn" Tourney Highlights:
— Bucks Gaming (@BucksGG) June 13, 2018
What NBA 2K practice looks like for Bucks Gaming athletes.
Practice Your Craft.
We’re ready for the doubleheader this Saturday 👊
— Bucks Gaming (@BucksGG) June 14, 2018
A peek into the actual competition. Nice win!
Week one is in the books. @KinG_PeroXide with 41 points and @PSN_BigBaby2k with his first @NBA2KLeague main stage appearance.
— Bucks Gaming (@BucksGG) May 12, 2018
What NBA 2K League looks like on Twitch
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek