Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @SportsGeek on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from April:
- From winning games to winning customers: how data is changing the business side of sports
- 12 bad decisions you make every day without realizing
- Tweets, trolls and time: An inside look at what it's like to run an MLB social media account
- The state of football social media 2018, trends that apply to all sports
- Why the USGA is turning to social spaces at the U.S. Open
- Adam Goodes controversy a sorry affair for football
- MLS teams charting new ground as it embraces digital-only local rights
- Yes, NBA social managers should be making more money, agree with some points here, do you?
- Sport England's This Girl Can campaign ‘goes global' with Australian debut
- Nike has a new digital playbook and it starts with sneakerheads
- Why brands need to seriously consider esports as a viable sports sponsorship opportunity in 2018
- How Adam Silver made his mark on esports in North America
- Adidas will create 30K videos at the Boston marathon — 1 for each runner
- MLB hits home run with Opening Day
- Does the GDPR mean death to public Wi-Fi?
- Marketing team hopes to match Golden Knights’ success on the ice
- How cricket's huge broadcast deal will take two different digital paths
- Atlanta's subway soccer fields: the ‘crazy' idea breaking down barriers
- A-B InBev rewrites sponsorship rules with new incentive-based deals
- The end of Windows. Good read on Microsoft and culture
- How Fortnite leveled up, broke records, and changed gaming
- How simple preparation propelled UMBC to Twitter royalty
- NBA testing 99-cent stream that lets you watch the final quarter of a live game
- Facebook plans crackdown on ad targeting by email without consent
- IBM would like to remind you its technology can change the world
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in April
- How commercial and digital are evolving in sports with Zarah Al-Kudcy – 30 April 2018
- Digital and Football with David Fowler – 23 April 2018
- Tanya Gallina on why serving your fans is so important – 16 April 2018
- Jack Elkins on how sports teams CAN and MUST innovate – 09 April 2018
- From Liverpool to AS Roma with Paul Rogers – 02 April 2018
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.