Andrew Nicholson is the Senior Director of Digital at Sacramento Kings on this podcast he chats about the Kings 3.0 strategy and how digital is a vital component.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn about:
- How the Kings strategy has changed under leadership of Vivek Renadive
- Why Social Good is a key platform for the Kings
- Technology and global reach go hand in hand
- Using drones to tell the story of the new Kings arena
- Why having fun is important even if it means pranking your fans
- Importance of community to Kings players and staff alike
- Why content is king and Kings are content
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Andrew Nicholson on Linkedin and @a_nicholson on Twitter and Instagram
- Follow the Sacramento Kings at Kings.com, @SacramentoKings on Twitter and @SacramentoKings on Instagram
- Reports on Kings April Fool's Joke on fans
- Other great episodes on from #SEAT2015 attendees
- Thanks to Blair Hughes from Audio Boom for the Sounds of the Game
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
More from Andrew and Sacramento Kings
Ready for the season ahead…
The dunk that shut it down 👀 #watchyohead pic.twitter.com/6L5kRfgCU5
— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) October 11, 2015
Sign lady famous in Sacramento
Boogie presents Sign Lady with team-autographed birthday sign 💜 pic.twitter.com/PD9sQ7RrdS
— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) October 9, 2015
Stay tuned for more…
Fun on media day
Mixtape dropping soon… @boogiecousins @RajonRondo @THEwillieCS15 pic.twitter.com/FaHXLp0JMl
— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) September 29, 2015
From the Drone
Drone Cam + 🌇 = 😍
Watch » http://t.co/3TrPG3t9VP pic.twitter.com/1M2oEbWRB5
— Golden 1 Center (@Golden1Center) August 26, 2015
What's your team Snapchat name?
Now reppin’ SacramentoKings username on @Snapchat 👑 💪 pic.twitter.com/7PNCqaxJNJ
— Sacramento Kings (@SacramentoKings) August 20, 2015
#SEAT2015 ⚾️ Champs! 🏆 pic.twitter.com/a8RdJJCjis
— Andrew Nicholson (@A_Nicholson) July 22, 2015
Strong lead off man
All we do is get hits and score runs…right @seancallanan? @A_Nicholson was playing a mean 1st base. #SEAT2015 ⚾️ pic.twitter.com/uu6CjDoA0p
— Scott Kegley (@ScottKegley) July 22, 2015
Send Andrew a tweet that you listened (or just read this post).
Congrats North Queensland Cowboys
Great win by the Cowboys!
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Great information from an insider
via iTunes by citizenchimp from Australia on September 10, 2015
This podcast is truly full of gold if you’re a marketer or agency looking for insights in the sports industry. Sean really knows his stuff – he’s spoken publicly at many occasions (I’ve had the pleasure of seeing him firsthand) and as someone in the trenches the anecdotes and data couldn’t be more up to date and valuable. Well worth a listen!
Want our guide to Facebook Business Manager?
Cowbells & Content with Sacramento Kings Andrew Nicholson Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek