In the latest podcast, Sean catches up with Brooke Eaton, Director Digital Media for Barclays Center and Brooklyn Nets on the challenges balancing global and local marketing.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn about:
- Brooke's baptism of fire in her new role just before NBA All-Star game
- How the Nets are connecting with Brooklyn
- The success of #bkneighborhood hashtag
- How Brooke's background in Olympics helped her move into NBA role
- Why it's all about “creating content and creating experiences”
- How marketing a stadium differs from a team
- How the Nets use Snapchat to tell stories
Resources from the podcast
- Follow Brooke Eaton on Twitter (@thisisbrooke) and Linkedin and ThisIsBrooke1 on Snapchat
- Follow @BrooklynNets on Twitter, Instagram (@brooklynnets) and Facebook.com/BrooklynNets and check out #bkneighborhood
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Check out some highlights from Brooklyn Nets & Barclays Center
Brooklyn Nets awesome fan photo shoot documented on Snapchat
.@BrooklynNets had an awesome fan photo shoot yesterday & we documented on #snapchat: pic.twitter.com/h7arC4JC7E
— Brooke Eaton (@ThisIsBrooke) August 8, 2015
Brooklyn Nets Goofballs
Goofballs: http://t.co/eVFlWXs5qk #Nets pic.twitter.com/6v89iqZnV4
— Brooke Eaton (@ThisIsBrooke) July 29, 2015
Bye bye SEAT 2015
Bye lovely #SanFrancisco, and thank you @SEATconference for an awesome three days. #seat2015 pic.twitter.com/fPgfU0qjfZ
— Brooke Eaton (@ThisIsBrooke) July 22, 2015
Do you agree with this Snapchat take?
Going thru #SEAT2015 notes, 1 fav takeaway was @seancallanan's question: What if Ferris Bueller had #Snapchat? What would story look like?
— Brooke Eaton (@ThisIsBrooke) July 26, 2015
So I snapchatted Ferris Bueller to prove a point…
If #FerrisBueller had Snapchat… pic.twitter.com/kyutLKcJCw
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) August 16, 2015
Love this use of team based GIFs
When you remember it's Friday… #TGIF #Nets pic.twitter.com/IjAMXCZOsM
— BKLYN Nets (@BrooklynNets) August 28, 2015
Brooklyn Nets preseason announced
Thanks again Brooke for the chat and the tour of Barclays when I was in New York.
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
via iTunes by Hultink from Australia on August 27, 2015
Great insights across and industry with varied digital strategies and execution. Sean is a true thought leader for the sports digital marketing space!
How can we help you?
Brooke Eaton on balancing global and local marketing Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek