Sean Callanan chats with football agent and promoter Lou Sticca in this Sports Geek interview.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Lou's first foray into sport helping Carlton FC start a soccer team
- Moving from front office to sports agent
- Why signing Dwight York was so important to a startup A-League
- Why global football teams find Australia to be an attractive market
- The relationships and meetings behind the Sydney FC signing on Alessandro Del Piero
- Why Lou was moved to start the Football For Fires match
- How global football community rallied behind the concept
- Managing an event with the threat of coronavirus
This podcast was recorded on Thursday March 12, 2020, for perspective of how quickly the coronavirus pandemic has spread.
Latest update from Lou and FootballForFires team, the plan is for the game to proceed even if no fans can attend.