On this week's episode Sean chats with Greg Sleigh, General Manager, Business Development at ANZ Stadium. Sean chats with Greg about his career at ANZ Stadium and how it continues to evolve for events in sports and entertainment.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How Greg's career has evolved from commencing in the venue management at ANZ Stadium
- The variety of events that ANZ stadium hosts
- “Engage globally, connect personally” Arsenal's mantra for fan engagement and how they succeeded doing this on their recent tour
- The planning required to host Adele's concerts – 96,000 fans two nights in a row
- The connectivity of the stadium and how it plays its part in the event experience
- What the differences are running content for long term tenants versus concerts/special events and how other hirers are learning from these experiences
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Greg Sleigh from ANZ Stadium, follow him on Twitter @GregSleigh, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Follow ANZ Stadium on Twitter @ANZStadium, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sports Geek on Twitter @SportsGeek, Facebook and Instagram
- Follow Sean Callanan on Twitter @SeanCallanan, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for Sports Geek Job Alerts
Some tweets you may have missed
Bledisloe Cup ready
FOLAU: We've got some great memories here, this is a great Stadium & we want to see all our fans out here for #BledisloeCup. pic.twitter.com/3LV7FKpiqY
— ANZ Stadium (@ANZStadium) August 16, 2017
Connect globally, engage personally
'Connect globally. Engage personally.' Ivan Gazidis on the Business of @Arsenal. Great job @JohnStensholt. #goldstarlunch #ArsenaIInSydney pic.twitter.com/ydfnK3cM9Z
— Greg Sleigh (@GregSleigh) July 14, 2017
Sell out crowds!
SELLOUT crowds for back-to-back Arsenal blockbusters takes @ANZStadium aggregate soaring past 1 million! Full story: https://t.co/GFsjfjpb1d pic.twitter.com/2VQU7etaQ7
— ANZ Stadium (@ANZStadium) July 17, 2017
Thanks to the fans
Thank you all very much for making #ArsenalinSydney so special for us 🔴
We're lucky to have such brilliant support all over the world 👊 pic.twitter.com/sDIrkWKO06
— Arsenal FC (@Arsenal) July 15, 2017
A must do for all Gunners fans
A must-do for all Gunners fans outside @ANZStadium! #ArsenalinSydney pic.twitter.com/j3dmlHy4EW
— ANZ Stadium (@ANZStadium) July 15, 2017
Friday's @ANZStadium show was perfect. Saturday was better. Thanks @Adele, it ended beautifully. Let's do it again soon? #AdeleSydney pic.twitter.com/htiCIJxILN
— Greg Sleigh (@GregSleigh) March 11, 2017
Amazing! One of the great @ANZStadium moments. Hello, @Adele! #AdeleSydney pic.twitter.com/XHy2jqbEGj
— Greg Sleigh (@GregSleigh) March 10, 2017
Thanks for the review on Apple Podcasts
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by TristanFurney from Australia on June 26, 2017
The Sports Geek Podcast is a wonderful listen for those who work in sports or are interested in the behind-the-scenes of how a sporting business operates. With a focus on digital and fan engagement, Sean's guests each bring insight into strategies applied at their club, agency or league. I feel every episode has at least one solid takeaway and often career tips are provided for those who are looking to break into the industry.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek