Sean catches up with Joe Gottfried, Manager – Digital Media Sales for Maple Leaf Sports & Entertainment on the latest podcast.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Why less partners that do more is better
- Key rules MLSE partners must follow for digital campaigns
- What partners are looking for in successful campaigns
- How important building trust between digital & commercial
- Why the digital sponsorships needs process for success
- How to solve the “square peg-round houle” problem when you think a sponsor doesn't quite fit
- How will sponsor campaigns be affected by Facebook Brand guidelines
- Why education was important early and remains important as the landscape changes
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Joe Gottfried from MLSE, connect with him on Twitter @JoeGottfried and on Linkedin
- Connect with MLSE on Twitter, Linkedin, Facebook and Instagram
- Connect with teams Joe works with:
- Toronto Maple Leafs (NHL) – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Toronto Raptors (NBA) – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Toronto FC (MLS) – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Toronto Marlies – Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
- Support my SXSW Panel Picker – sportsgeekhq.com/sxswpanelpicker
- Support Richard Clarke's SXSW Keynote – sportsgeekhq.com/votemrrichardclarke
- Other podcasts that may interest you
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
Some tweets you may have missed
Looking forward to chatting with Sasha on a future podcast
Founding members of #SEATvegas16 including MLSE's own @sasha_to …..great job everyone pic.twitter.com/x7dj11BopI
— Joe Gottfried (@joegottfried) July 18, 2016
Networking at its finest
What it is all about #Networking #sportsbiz great time had at #SEATVegas16 great meeting you all and well done SEAT pic.twitter.com/LMSMbCwydo
— Joe Gottfried (@joegottfried) July 20, 2016
Great venue, only toured it never been to a live game (for now).
Let's do this @darryldirocco #RTZ #WeTheNorth pic.twitter.com/P7hIPpAO5i
— Joe Gottfried (@joegottfried) May 24, 2016
Good read on the We The North phenomenon
Discover the details behind the success of #WeTheNorth from a @Raptors SVP in @Marketing_Mag https://t.co/QtUsudqVJ5 pic.twitter.com/YzuQpzqFYk
— SponsorshipX (@SponsorshipX) May 16, 2016
That's gold Raptors!
Worried about making it in time for Game 5? Masai’s got you covered. #WeTheNorth
Download: https://t.co/uXI8rEuZ9x pic.twitter.com/w4IMSX0pAX
— Toronto Raptors (@Raptors) April 26, 2016
Raptors growth on Twitter as discussed on the podcast
The @Raptors are one of only 11 @NBA teams and one of 4 🇨🇦 pro sports teams w/ 1M Twitter followers #WeTheNorth #RTZ pic.twitter.com/SbmtKc2cRu
— Twitter Sports CA (@TwitterSportsCA) April 14, 2016
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Get more Cheeks in the Seats!
in iTunes by [email protected] from USA on July 13, 2016
Sean interviews the best of the sports business world to teach organizations how to get more engagement & get more “cheeks in the seats”! He's fun to listen to & his passion for what he does shines through!
Leave a review on iTunes
Join us on Slack
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek