On this week's podcast I preview SEAT Conference in Miami with Al Crombie on ABC Grandstand and chat with fellow sports geek and coder Dave Sjolin about his experiences developing websites and loyalty systems in pro sports.
On this podcast you’ll learn from Dave Sjolin about:
- How Dave got his start in sports, Money Ball
- What the Trailblazers did to engage fans before Facebook
- How fan loyalty platforms have evolved over the past 18 months
- What Dave learned from working with San Francisco 49ers new My 49ers Rewards system
- What we expect to be big topics at SEAT in Miami
- Why selfies can be dangerous in sports
Resources from the episode
- Follow Dave Sjolin @DaveSjolin on Twitter and connect with him on Linkedin
- Find out more about Desalogic and Skidata both SEAT 2014 Sponsors
- Check out Project Blindside
- See what Dave was talking about with Levi's Stadium
- San Francisco 49ers launch 49ers Rewards
- 49ers target fans all year round with rewards system – Ad Week
- Listen to Jeff Eldersveld from the Columbus Blue Jackets talk about Ticketek
- TDF Selfies causing havoc and someone did try selfie at “running of the bulls”
- Check out where I'll be at SEAT in Miami here
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Listen to podcast in out SEAT 2014 Sponsor Series
- Sound of the game was LeBron James Instagram at World Cup.
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
LeBron at World Cup
Only last week we discussed ESPN and FIFA worried about short video clips being shared and then LeBron capture YouTube celebrity who streaked at the World Cup Final as a publicity stunt.
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek