In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Dan LaTorraca, Vice President of Marketing & Brand Strategy at Carolina Hurricanes
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- It's not how you start a Twitter fight but how you finish it
- How to get corporate buy-in on edgy content
- What metrics to look for to measure fan engagement
- Making the leap from purely digital to a wider marketing role
- Advice for sports grads entering the digital sports arena
Listen to Dan LaTorraca on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Dan LaTorraca on LinkedIn, and send him a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @danlatorraca
- Follow Carolina Hurricanes across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
As discussed on the podcast
The best promotion is self-promotion.
Raise Up. #LetsGoCanes pic.twitter.com/IeHQxr9M7z
— Dan LaTorraca (@danlatorraca) May 21, 2022
Have to agree after the podcast chat.
Best fans in hockey. #LetsGoCanes pic.twitter.com/8VsyP63HnH
— Dan LaTorraca (@danlatorraca) April 30, 2022
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek