Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from September:
- The cultish lure of the modern day superstar Fans following athletes over teams – a Ronaldo transfer case study
- AFL do just that with two Preliminary Finals sold out in just hours! Can't want for Friday night!
- The NFL hype is real. Good read from Jess Smith
- How Manchester United sees digital as the key
- Bayern Munich games to explore 12th man effect in sound
- ESPN’s three-pronged podcast bucket list
- AS Roma taking club's site from worst to first More digital insights from Paul Rogers on Sports Geek
- Netflix’s next play, good review of how Netflix might tackle sports
- Melbourne Esports Open Australia’s biggest-ever esports event.
- What it takes to make a sports documentary
- FC Bayern pass one billion views on Giphy
- Riot Games preparing for biggest sponsorship deal with Mastercard
- One of the world’s biggest Youtube channels just got sold
- How long can the Athletic grow like a tech disruptor if it reads the same as the newspapers it’s poaching from?
- The museums of Instagram very cool
- Kevin Durant is turning athlete endorsements into media deals
- AFL assessing options after Ticketek failure Discussion in Sports Geek Nation Facebook group
- Have we seen the demise of 20 FOUR? I'd say yes, tough market with so many competition
- Mobile-first generations driving adoption of streaming sports
- Kaepernick campaign created $43 Million in buzz for Nike
- Facebook adds pixel to groups so marketers can track engaged audiences
- Sports Twitter is a fun and weird haven from an often bleak news cycle
- Facebook Watch launches in Australia
- Teachers are moonlighting as Instagram influencers to make ends meet
- 5 reasons creative ideas are tanking your content strategy
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in September
- Craig Neeb on how technology & digital is deepening ties with NASCAR fans – 24 September 2018
- Understanding the ticketing game – Steve DeLay – 17 September 2018
- Making sporting travel easy – Matt Scully, Sports Where I Am – 10 September 2018
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.