Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from August:
- Forbes releases list of the world's most valuable sports teams
- Best practices for sports properties to value for sponsors
- Manchester United open up MUTV to four streaming platforms
- Rugby World Cup Sevens’ bay area takeover aims to accelerate sport’s growth
- How an ex-cop rigged McDonald’s Monopoly game – Crazy story
- Why competitive gaming is starting to look a lot like pro sports
- Dimension Data: the tech behind the Tour de France
- Has Facebook peaked? Stock plunge highlights deeper problems
- NFL renews Snapchat deal for two years
- Video games have changed the way football fandom operates
- Twitter is taking the pitch for 2018 MLS All-Star game
- Facebook Lenses – Good read from Stratchery, you should be bookmarking this site
- Sports, engagement, and tech company lack thereof – agree with this well said Paul Greenberg
- Sport Australia plans to build out a new national sporting agenda
- New tools to manage your time on Facebook and Instagram. See next article.
- How Twitter has become NFL locker room poison – sobering read for athletes (and Twitter)
- NBA first league with betting sponsor, has deal with MGM. And so the gambling deals start
- Apple’s value hit $1Trillion… Can they be stopped? Or more importantly what will they buy?
- Americans are now spending 11 hours each day consuming media. Let's check in next year to see if above worked.
- Ray Lewis and the bubble that has sheltered him
- The best NBA schedule release content ranked. Some cool executions here
- Has the digital age changed football fans. Of course it has, that remains the challenge for teams
- Topgolf is booming while growing the game in a non-traditional way
- Beware of one-sided partnerships. Smart advice from Steve Blank
- Facebook's story problem and opportunity important Stratechery read
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in August
- Changing the sports commentary game – Ben Reynolds, Spalk – 27 August 2018
- Tinus Le Roux on knowing your fans in the stands – 20 August 2018
- NBA 2K League season one – Brendan Donohue – 13 August 2018
- Global broadcast & digital trends with Nielsen Sports' Glenn Lovett – 06 August 2018
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.