On this week’s podcast we chat with Shane Harmon CEO of Westpac Stadium on crowds, stadiums & technology and #sportsbiz. Shane is a sports business lifer and is CEO of Westpac Stadium in Wellington, if you're not following @ShaneHarmon then you just aren't doing it properly. Later in the podcast I chat with Al Crombie on ABC Grandstand about new sports digital collaboration called 120 sports.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What it is like moving from team/event side to stadium side of sports business?
- What are the key issues stadiums are facing around the world
- Why the world uses New Zealand as a beta platform and to see upcoming trends.
- How stadiums can leverage social media for customer service
- What is the next steps for connected stadium?
- How Shane keeps up to date on all things #sportsbiz using Flipboard
- Why would MLB, NBA & NHL collaborate on digital?
- What is 120 sports and why is video so important?
- How did fans respond to Luis Suarez Adidas promotion?
- What do the Wiggles have to do with World Cup?
Resources from the episode
Last time I caught up with Shane at MLB in Sydney
Well done to The Wiggles