On this week’s podcast we chat with Shane Harmon CEO of Westpac Stadium on crowds, stadiums & technology and #sportsbiz. Shane is a sports business lifer and is CEO of Westpac Stadium in Wellington, if you're not following @ShaneHarmon then you just aren't doing it properly. Later in the podcast I chat with Al Crombie on ABC Grandstand about new sports digital collaboration called 120 sports.
On this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What it is like moving from team/event side to stadium side of sports business?
- What are the key issues stadiums are facing around the world
- Why the world uses New Zealand as a beta platform and to see upcoming trends.
- How stadiums can leverage social media for customer service
- What is the next steps for connected stadium?
- How Shane keeps up to date on all things #sportsbiz using Flipboard
- Why would MLB, NBA & NHL collaborate on digital?
- What is 120 sports and why is video so important?
- How did fans respond to Luis Suarez Adidas promotion?
- What do the Wiggles have to do with World Cup?
Resources from the episode
- Follow @ShaneHarmon on Twitter and connect with him on Linkedin
- Follow Shane Harmon's Sports Business Today on Flipboard
- Also on Flipboard “Sports Geek flips out”
- Follow @WestpacStadium on Twitter and like Westpac Stadium on Facebook and check out WestpacStadium.co.nz
- Premier League games at Westpac Stadium as discussed on the podcast
- Good interview with Shane when he started at Westpac Stadium “Walking into the ring of fire”
- Take Shane's advice and follow @rscibetti, @briangainor and @louimbriano
- Check out 120Sports.com for latest 2 minute sports video follow @120Sports on Twitter and FB.com/120Sports
- Adidas removing Luis Suarez from World Cup campaign
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Listen to podcast in out SEAT 2014 Sponsor Series
- Thanks to Dave Burtenshaw for Sounds of the Game from FA Cup Final as he discussed on ep 50
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Last time I caught up with Shane at MLB in Sydney
Post game beer with @seancallanan @alistairjhogg #MLBinOZ #OpeningSeries pic.twitter.com/NIaygrA3YK — Shane Harmon (@ShaneHarmon) March 22, 2014
Well done to The Wiggles
Shane Harmon on Crowds, Stadiums and #sportsbiz Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek