Sean Callanan chats with Mark Anderson from Collingwood FC
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Mark Anderson on his foray into sports and becoming a CEO
- How Collingwood FC has changed as a club in expanding teams beyond AFL
- The positive affect of multiple high performance teams are having on the club overall
- The importance of the Holden Centre and how it has changed over the years
- Why Collingwood have moved away from gambling partners
- How does Mark stay connected to Collingwood fans
- The significance of their 20-year partnership with Emirates Airlines
Listen to Mark Anderson on Sports Geek
Mark Anderson on working with different sports
The beauty of sport is if you get the dynamic right, the results and performance do tend to follow that gives its own momentum and energy.
Mark Anderson, Collingwood Football Club
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Mark Anderson on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Collingwood FC on Twitter @CollingwoodFC, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube and LinkedIn
- Some related articles about Collingwood FC you might want to read:
- Some Sports Geek episodes you might be interested in:
- Collingwood TV to The Club with Jonathon Bernard on developing your video audience
- Blake Solly from South Sydney Rabbitohs on sports business from the CEO’s perspective
- Lawrence West on sponsorship trends and taking NBL to next level as a former colleague of Mark's
- Download the SG Esports Connecting brands with esports report here
- Need help with your team or athlete's digital? Go to Sports Geek Social Media Athlete Training
Some tweets you may have missed:
Best of luck!
I’ve got motivation because I want to see this group do well and this club to do well. – Pendles pic.twitter.com/kFPw5DUtIo
— Collingwood FC (@CollingwoodFC) September 2, 2019
Nice weather to train #GoPies
Main training. #gopies pic.twitter.com/uYGQKKCpjn
— Collingwood FC (@CollingwoodFC) August 21, 2019
Giving back to the community
Collingwood has raised $1 million dollars for the Magpie Nest Program.
These much needed funds will provide food, accomodation and support for those who are sleeping rough on our streets.
We can’t thank the Magpie community enough for helping us achieve our goal, side by side. pic.twitter.com/nF7n4wUaZq
— Collingwood FC (@CollingwoodFC) August 6, 2019
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek