On this week's episode Sean catches up with Blake Solly from South Sydney Rabbitohs as part of the Sports Geek Podcast CEO Series. Sean chats with Blake about running an NRL franchise, data insights and dealing with players under pressure.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Blake's background in sports business working in the UK in governing body roles before moving across to club land
- How Blake balances the on-field vs off-field success as a CEO
- Why data is so important to him and why the Rabbitohs are spending more and investing more to analyse and interpret data to benefit their business
- Their future plans for new facilities to bring the commercial and football sides of the business together
- The importance of player welfare and how the club is working to support players as the pressures of being a professional athlete grow