What a week in Miami, a big thanks to Christine Stoffel for another great SEAT conference. Yes it I faced some hurdles including losing my voice 36 hours before co-presenting the Welcome Address keynote but with some quick thinking and some slides we powered through. I'm already looking forward to SEAT 2015 in San Francisco and interviewing and working with teams who attended in Miami.
On this podcast you’ll learn about:
- What happens when you have no voice and a keynote to present
- How you network without speaking using an iPad
- What the NFL & MLB are doing for the fan in the stands and at home
- The great fragmentation of sports broadcasting and why leagues and teams need to address it
- How we are gatekeepers of sports brands
- Why digital must be everywhere and why we are all champions of digital
- Why you must be in San Francisco for #SEAT2015
Listen to recap from SEAT 2014 in Miami
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Christine Stoffel and join SEAT group on Linkedin
- Check out the SEAT conference Fancam taken at the end of the Welcome Address
- Congrats to the SEAT Interns who did a great job all-conference, check out the busy registration desk
- Connect with Kylie Caflisch, who did a great job managing the conference and the SEAT team.
- Here is our SEAT 2014 hub. It was a busy few days in Miami
- Follow @SEATConference on Twitter and Instagram and like SEAT on Facebook
- Listen to podcasts with SEAT 2014 Sponsors
- Sound of the game was provided all podcast by the Oakland Athletics, thanks to former guest Travis LoDolce for tickets
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for the weekly Sports Geek News?
As discussed on the podcast
People did ask how I integrated a live tweet into my keynote presentation, (hint: I didn't, Tod was prepped to tweet. It was staged but it got the laugh).
Wow @seancallanan is rocking the #SEAT2014 welcome address and he hasn’t said one word.
He should speak less in his keynotes.
— Tod Caflisch (@tcaflisch) July 20, 2014
Check out the slides from my non-speaking Welcome Address
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek