5 years ago I started Sports Geek and one of the guys I looked up to was Mark Cuban, I've always said he is a Sports Geek like me just with a bigger bank balance. It was great to finally catch up and chat to Mark about his new apps Cyber Dust and Xpire, the changing NBA landscape, Shark Tank and his beloved Dallas Mavericks.
If you've been listening to my podcast from the beginning or have just found it, please enjoy this chat with Mark Cuban.
Learn from Mark Cuban
- Why Mark built Cyber Dust
- Why athletes are loving Cyber Dust
- Importance of understanding your digital footprint
- How you can use Xpire to clean up your bad social media posts
- Why you might think your posts are OK but other might not
- How the NBA owner landscape has changed in 12 years
- What impact China will have on next NBA digital deal
- Why the next big sports battle will happen off the court
- Mark's advice if you want to work in sports
- Why Mark invests in Shark Tank pitches
- How much work goes into Shark Tank when the cameras are turned off
- How the Mavs crowd sourced their alternate jersey design
Resources from the episode
- Read his latest thoughts on BlogMaverick.com including these
- On Facebook you can follow him and like his page and @mcuban on Instagram
- Get the @CyberDustApp at CyberDust.com add seancallanan and blogmaverick
- Celebs on Cyber Dust – http://www.cyberdust.com/friends.html
- Check out Xpire – http://getxpire.com/ and on Twitter @getXpire
- Follow Shark Tank on Fridays on ABC in USA and on Hulu and on @SharkTankABC
- Follow Mark's businesses – http://markcubancompanies.com/
- Grab a copy of How to Win at the Sport of Business: If I Can Do It, You Can Do It
- Like Mavs on Facebook, follow @DallasMavs on Twitter and @DallasMavs on Instagram.
- Round up of NBA owners and where they made their money
- Check out Catapault Sports, an Australian sports company Mark Cuban mentions (and has invested in)
- Sports Geek Podcast mentioned in this episode
- Beers, Blokes & Business episodes mentioned in the episode
- Sound of the game clip comes from my first #SportsGeekTrip to Dallas Mavericks game in 2010.
- Bonus sounds of the game from AFL Grand Final win from Hawks fan Martin.
- Check out SEAT (Sports Entertainment Alliance in Technology) Conference in San Francisco and London in 2015 and listen to SEAT conference podcasts, follow @SEATConference
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Join the conversation, send us a tweet
Are you following Mark Cuban on Twitter?
More info about Cyber Dust
Want to chat with someone who shares similar interests as you? check out http://t.co/my9u2Kntw7 to find interesting conversationalists.
— Dust Messaging (@DustMessaging) September 28, 2014
What is happening here? Ask @mcuban (+askmark) your questions tonight during the @ABCSharkTank season premiere. pic.twitter.com/kGyjAJgvYy
— Dust Messaging (@DustMessaging) September 26, 2014
Mavs new crowd sourced jersey revealed
Unveiling of the 15-16 alternate jersey! Live stream: http://t.co/GVdi2fw3Pc pic.twitter.com/LsEainrHOg
— Dallas Mavericks (@dallasmavs) September 23, 2014
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek