Tom Halls from British Tennis has two goals, getting people to play tennis and getting fans to attend events like Davis Cup. Sean Callanan chats with Tom the head of digital for Lawn Tennis Association on how digital can deliver both objectives.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn about:
- How Tom worked with big sports brands and then sports
- What does the Lawn Tennis Association do?
- How website design relates to tennis participation
- Why participation drives different metrics than regular sports fans
- Looking at how British Tennis engages around Davis Cup
- Some of Tom’s key takeaways from SEAT 2015
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Tom Halls on Linkedin and @TGHalls on Twitter
- Check out Tom’s blog at TomHalls.com
- Check out Lawn Tennis Association via LTA.org.uk
- Follow @BritishTennis on Twitter and @BritishTennis on Instagram and Facebook
- Big thanks for all the support for 100 episodes of Sports Geek Podcasts
- Other great Sports Geek Podcast episodes from Europe
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
More from Tom Halls
Already using his new son for viral content
— Tom Halls (@tghalls) August 22, 2015
Congrats on Davis Cup win against the Aussies
— Tom Halls (@tghalls) September 20, 2015
Andy Murray was dominant!
— Davis Cup (@DavisCup) September 20, 2015
Trash talking wasn’t need Tom, you’re above that 😉
Dear headline writers. Should the Aussies win the doubles, I'd suggest 'best double act since Kylie and Jason'. Your welcome. @DavisCup
— Tom Halls (@tghalls) September 18, 2015
— Tom Halls (@tghalls) September 15, 2015
Another #TeamDigital Champion
— Tom Halls (@tghalls) August 28, 2015
Great panel at #SEAT2015
— fcbusiness Magazine (@fcbusiness) July 21, 2015
Nice picture 😉
— Tom Halls (@tghalls) July 21, 2015
Send Tom a tweet that you listened (or just read this post).
Question of the Podcast
Are you networking for your next job even though you have one now?
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
How to subscribe to Sports Geek Podcast
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Well produced podcast
iTunes by boojem from USA on September 2, 2015
Great production values and excellent digital marketing insights explored within a sporting world context.