Sports Geek News is curated via the social media channels of Sports Geek.
Follow Sean Callanan on Linkedin or follow @seancallanan on Twitter to see these articles as soon as we read them.
The articles that get the most clicks are included in Sports Geek News published weekly, you can sign up here.
Here are the top articles from May:
- 5 of the biggest sports marketing trends of 2019
- Six must-see innovative tips from the Sacramento Kings creative team
- What's in a name? What are naming rights deals in MLB really worth?
- Why work-life balance is a myth
- The Padres were at risk of losing Twitter name forever on Mother's day
- Why no Apple presenters speaks for longer than ten minutes? The reason is backed by neuroscience
- Why is an NBA team trying to become tech’s next big incubator?
- Ticketmaster rolls out next-gen digital encrypted tickets
- Foxtel cost-cutting puts rugby, football on edge
- How Generation Z is reacting to changes in media use
- Basketball Australia and NBL form landmark partnership
- Bud Light kicks up live soccer experience with VR activation
- The esports boom and the numbers behind the sector's explosive growth
- Australia’s top 20 sports and physical activities revealed. Which is your favourite?
- Nike thinks you’re probably wearing the wrong size shoe
- How Silicon Valley helps keep the Golden State Warriors at the cutting edge
- The most outrageous food items sold at sports stadiums
- Raptors teammates sport their own signature gear
- Want to invest in esports? Top team owner says there’s one key to the whole thing. Completely agree to this!
- Fortnite is the future, but probably not for the reasons you think
- Amazon wants to pay the New York Times and BuzzFeed to expand reach
- Facebook overhauls design as it pivots to private messaging
- Snapchat has become a content creation tool for Instagram and Twitter users
- How Bleacher Report is using Instagram Stories for app downloads
- Breaking up Facebook won’t fix what’s wrong with social media
Don't miss these articles join sports business executives around the world getting Sports Geek News email each week. Go to sportsgeekhq.com/sgn
Episodes of Sports Geek you missed in May
- Rosterfy's Shannan Gove on managing staff at the world's biggest sports events – 21 May 2019
- Cassandra Heilbronn on sports law and what you need to know about sponsorship agreements – 14 May 2019
- John Durbin from Pegula Sports on planning content around the unpredictable NFL Draft – 7 may 2019
For our full Sports Geek episode archive click here.
Sports Geek is available on Apple Podcasts, Google Play, Spotify, Roku, Stitcher and Pocket Casts.
Join Sports Geek Nation
Sports Geek Nation Slack is now restricted to paid members only. If you wish to join the community, go to SportsGeekNation.com to join our wait list and be the first to know when subscription doors will open again.