Ted Johnson is the Chief Marketing Officer of the Minnesota Timberwolves and has a background in politics that has served him well helping the Minnesota Timberwolves upgrade practice facility and their home court the Target Center.
On this podcast you’ll learn from about:
- How NBA teams are in an arms race for better facilities for players & coaches
- Importance of partners for Timberwolves to get project up
- Value of having a facility close to team operations
- Excitement in Minnesota around the arrival of Andrew Wiggins
- Why Ricky Rubio recognised my Australian accent
- What is Dunks after Dark?
- How the new NBA deal is a win-win for NBA
- Why I played a game of football with some Socceroos
- How you can with a Sports Geek T-Shirt.
Resources from the episode
What the Timberwolves have been up to
Follow the Timberwolves
Why Ted and Timberwolves fans are excited
Great turnout to welcome them
Dunks after Dark practice
Some memories of NBA Draft, this bar is now where the new practice facility is.
Why I was so sore recording this podcast
Chasing after these two former Socceroos at AAMI Park – Mark Bosnich and Craig Moore
Social Media Post of the Week
Geography not the Falcons strong suit…
But they do have a sense of humour
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.
Want to pick my brain?
I get asked all the time for people to pick my brain over a coffee or a phone call. My brain is my business, but I am a giving guy. If you are a subscriber to Sports Geek News (below) and are happy to be included on a future podcast I am happy to chat to you about how you can engage sports fans for your team or brand.
Find out more about me here