On this week’s episode Sean catches up with returning guest, Steve Conley from the Boston Red Sox. Steve chats to Sean about making a career jump from tech to data.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- The changes Steve has seen at the Red Sox since he joined in 2001
- The challenges of adding tech to Fenway Park whilst keeping the history of the stadium
- How Steve went about making the move from working on the tech side of the business to the data side
- What tech the Red Sox use today and what works for their organisation
- What is Steve's' BUHG (big hairy ugly goal) for Red Sox?
- The different types of fans through different generations and how you need to reach and target these fans differently
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Steve Conley from Boston Red Sox for being our guest on this week's show
- Follow Steve on Twitter @Steve_Conley and LinkedIn
- Follow Boston Red Sox on Twitter @RedSox, Facebook and Instagram
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
- #SEAT2013 mega interview podcast for Steve's first appearance on Sports Geek
- Behind the scenes of Detroit Tigers digital with Mac Slavin
- Zach Monette on inspiring a global fan base through pro cycling
Articles of interest
- How I Got Here: Stephen Conley, IT Director, Boston Red Sox
- How Technology Boosts the Boston Red Sox’s Game
- High-tech Fenway Park keeps its charm
Sign up for these
- Download our new guide – Understanding Facebook Data
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for our new weekly Sports Geek Jobs Email
Some tweets you may have missed
Back in a #RedSox uni! pic.twitter.com/XzoGTcNhHt
— Red Sox (@RedSox) November 6, 2017
Thank you to our veterans
On this #VeteransDay we give thanks to all of those who have served and continue to serve our nation.
Thank you. 🇺🇸 pic.twitter.com/OnVAbesMqA
— Red Sox (@RedSox) November 11, 2017
Baseball to gridiron in 60 seconds
Baseball to football in 60 seconds!
The #GridironSeries is happening. Be there: https://t.co/Tu9MB2oEOa pic.twitter.com/l469Hnd86g
— Red Sox (@RedSox) November 9, 2017
One more look at our new manager
One more look at our new manager! pic.twitter.com/QbVz8LjQhq
— Red Sox (@RedSox) November 10, 2017
Great day for Melbourne Cup
The #MelbourneCup crowd is ready pic.twitter.com/aghRPyXGEz
— Sean Callanan (@seancallanan) November 7, 2017
Thanks for the review on iTunes
High Quality Podcast
★★★★★ in Apple Podcasts by FrothOverSport from Australia on October 30, 2017
I have been listening to Sports Geek for the past 18 months and while not involved in Sports Digital myself, I am heavily interested in the area. Sean's enjoyment and knowledge of sport and digital comes through in the podcast, which is highly motivating for me personally.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek