In this week's Sports Geek Podcast we have a good chat with Daniel Pinne from Melbourne Storm about using Twitter Ads as part of the advertising mix, look at NRL Origin series and discuss YouTube and where it fits in sports digital landscape. We also catch up with Ed Wyatt on ABC Grandstand to discuss the NBA Draft from a TV and digital point of view.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- How Twitter Ads compare to Google and Facebook ads for Melbourne Storm
- A look at Snappy TV used by Telstra during Origin
- Why sponsors are best placed to ambush sports teams and events
- How Melbourne Storm used a freakish Billy Slater video to develop awareness for membership
- How YouTube nearly secured rights to NBA.com
- What the AFL can learn from NBA Draft
- Why the NBA Draft is a perfect opportunity to engage fans for lottery teams
Thanks again for the feedback, very humbled to see Sports Geek Podcast listed at #3 on iTunes Management & Marketing page.
If you have a question for the podcast please leave it using Speakpipe plugin on the left of this page.
Resources from the episode
Here is an example of a tweet using Snappy TV
On iTunes? Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave comment or rating.