In episode 4 of the Sports Geek Podcast I catch up with Manly Sea Eagles and NRL player George Rose to get an athlete point of view on social media and his take on the current social media discussion on racism. We also go back in the ABC Grandstand archives as Francis Leach and I chat to Chris Zeppenfeld from the Charlotte Bobcats about CRM and ticket sales.
Thanks again for the feedback, tag your tweets #SGP I've included some of your feedback on the Sports Geek Podcast page.
More specifically, in this podcast you’ll find out about:
- What rules George applies to his social media to stay out of trouble
- How Ricky Gervias handles trolls and if that works for athletes
- How social media is playing a significant role in the racism debate in Australia
- How social media can help develop an athlete's sponsorship profile
- Why CRM is so important for selling tickets in NBA
- How the Charlotte Bobcats use the 360 degree view of fans for ticket sales
Very pleased to see it profiled in New & Noteworthy in iTunes and we've passed the 500 downloads mark with new listeners each week.
Download the episode here
Resources from the episode
Podcast gets Made for TV treatment
This podcast was picked up by ABC 24 to profile George Rose and athletes using social media.