Season 10 of A-League has kicked off with bigger crowds, bigger TV ratings and bigger buzz, I catch up with Rob Squillacioti to discuss scheduling, fan experience and football. On ABC Grandstand Francis Leach and I discuss the NBA season and my new hero Rikk Wilde.
On this podcast you’ll learn from about:
- Importance of scheduling to the hot start to A-League season
- How football fans are critical to success in Australia and around the world
- How one channel changes made a big difference
- How big the Wanderers win in Asian Champions League is
- What milestone did we pass this week with the podcast
- Who to follow this NBA season
- Why was #TechnologyandStuff trending for Chevy
- How you can use Google+ AutoAwesome feature
Resources from the episode
- Follow Rob Squillacioti on Twitter (@robsquilla) and Linkedin
- Follow @ALeague on Twitter, Instagram (@theAleague) and Facebook.com/ALeague
- Paul Lederer on Wanderers' growth
- A-League breaks records in opening round
- What the AFL could learn from AFL from AFL journalist Rohan Connolly
- Rikk Wilde is my new hero, watch the full Chevy Guy video here
- How to use Google+ AutoAwesome feature, check out this video from #MelbDerby
- Grab your tickets to the Asian Cup go to AFCAsianCup.com/Tickets
- Here is how I am tracking with my Anything's Possible List
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference in San Francisco in 2015 and SEAT London like SEAT on Facebook
- SEAT Conference announces SEAT London in 2015 – Registrations open now!
- Sign up to download the Sports Geek NFL Look Book
- Sound of the game was from Melbourne Victory game, listen to Arthur Gillion ep 61
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Big start to A-League season 10
Sharing #BeautifulGame moments with Twitter video
Did you notice this before Adelaide played Perth on Sunday? #BeautifulGamehttps://t.co/p1mijpbA4w
— Hyundai A-League (@ALeague) October 31, 2014
Some Twitter stats around A-League games
Most tweeted matches on the weekend.#ACLFinal 8,713#MelbDerby 7,848#BRIvSYD 3,147#ADLvPER 1,669#WELvNEW 1,215 pic.twitter.com/egvnSisxOl
— Hyundai A-League (@ALeague) October 27, 2014
Big win by Wanderers
David Gallop heralds @wswanderersfc historic win – http://t.co/FmkHV4NkOX #ACLChampions pic.twitter.com/JTHa79DigO
— Hyundai A-League (@ALeague) November 2, 2014
Account to follow this NBA season
Joel Embiid- #2 pick for 76ers our all season already hitting on Kim K & Rihanna on Twitter, he doesn't lack confidence.
MVP rankings in a couple years pic.twitter.com/t7iIACs9f6
— Joel Embiid (@JoelEmbiid) August 19, 2014
Leigh Ellis, Aussie on NBA TV's The Starters all worth following and watching throughout the season. Former guest on Sports Geek Podcast, listen to how The Starters came about.
#TheStarters selfie, pic.twitter.com/NxI0YBQ2BI
— Leigh Ellis (@LeighEllis) October 28, 2014
Kirk Goldsberry, sharing shot charts and great stats from his Grantland column. Love stats check out StatMuse.com (in beta)
Here's every shot of Derrick Rose's NBA career and a look at his jumper's strange decline. http://t.co/hAnK0sBdul pic.twitter.com/G7rAbYT1qV
— Kirk Goldsberry (@kirkgoldsberry) September 17, 2014
Bill Simmons , mega NBA fan and journalist behind Grantland.com. He will be on Sports Geek Podcast one day, tweet him and let hime know.
Hold on, it's time for my first 180 of the 2014-15 NBA season…….. KEEP RONDO!!!!!!!!!!
— Bill Simmons (@BillSimmons) October 30, 2014
Daryl Morey,great advice from from Daryl or is it Daryld?
How not to apply for a job 101. I don't think even @clutchfans has come up with this misspelling! #DaryldMoreys pic.twitter.com/TvEWTOPUY8
— Daryl Morey (@dmorey) October 21, 2014
Social Media Post of the Week
MJ with strong selfie game with #MJTakeover
Thanks for letting me take over social media today! It was a lot of fun. Going to be a great season. #MJTakeover pic.twitter.com/fv1CXBqpu7
— Charlotte Hornets (@hornets) October 28, 2014
Shane Warne not so much (click on this link at your peril)
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.
Want to pick my brain?
I get asked all the time for people to pick my brain over a coffee or a phone call. My brain is my business, but I am a giving guy. If you are a subscriber to Sports Geek News (below) and are happy to be included on a future podcast I am happy to chat to you about how you can engage sports fans for your team or brand.
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek