Sean Callanan chats with Football Victoria CEO Peter Filopoulos in the latest CEO Series interview
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- How Peter got his start in sports with South Melbourne in the NSL
- The connection between Peter and former guest Michael Brown that led to role at Hawthorn FC
- What Peter learned from working in AFL “club land” at Hawthorn & North Melbourne
- Why narrative is so important in sports business and why AFL does it so well
- Understanding the changing technology demands of stadium business when working at Etihad Stadium
- The draw back to the “club land” and football with CEO role at Perth Glory
- Tackling key initiatives in role at Football Victoria strategically especially around facilities
- How Football Victoria is leveraging digital and streaming to drive more engagement for local clubs
Listen to Peter Filopoulos on Sports Geek
Peter Filopoulos on the facilities gap facing football
There is a chronic under investment in our sport in the facilities and infrastructure space.
There is a massive facilities gap because our growing participation.
Peter Filopoulos, Football Victoria
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Peter Filopoulos on LinkedIn
- Learn more about Football Victoria on Twitter @FootballVic, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube
- Some related articles about Football Victoria you might want to read:
- Some Sports Geek episodes you might be interested in:
- Need help with your team or athlete's digital? Go to Sports Geek Social Media Athlete Training
Some tweets you may have missed:
Setting the strategic direction for Football Victoria
Delighted to have launched the @footballvic new set of core values, a key pillar on delivering on our ambitions outlined in our Strategic Plan.
The new values of Respect, Integrity, Unity, Leadership & Inclusive were created through consultation with all FV staff. pic.twitter.com/PCW1PcBHji
— Peter Filopoulos (@peterfilopoulos) August 1, 2019
Introducing new platforms for football with Go Football
GO Fives is back at Knox!
Registrations are now open through the new @gofootballvic platform👉 https://t.co/lCkwjwYgdk
Hurry – the season starts in October! Tag your friends below and get your team together. #gofootball #gofives pic.twitter.com/XAud0HA1bN
— Football Victoria (@footballvic) September 25, 2019
Triple header as discussed on the podcast
2019 Senol GF Triple Header drew record eyeballs for @nplvictoria and @nplwvictoria live-stream event. Reached 111,122 people and 78,515 views across FB and You Tube. Up 13.2% and 32.4% on 2018. Thx @DandyThunderFC, @FCBulleenLions, @AvondaleFC84, @BentleighGreens and @cusc2016. pic.twitter.com/csBjaKGEMA
— Football Victoria (@footballvic) September 20, 2019
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek