In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Pete Fairbairn, Head Of Commercial at Queensland Rugby Union.
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- Pete’s career in Rugby
- The importance of developing trust with athletes and communications teams
- How to present sponsorship value to partners
- The rise of player-created content in sports media and how clubs can benefit
- How Pete became a Guinness World Records Adjudicator
- Why more sports should be podcasting
Listen to Pete Fairbairn on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Follow Pete on Twitter @Pete_Fairbairn and connect with him on LinkedIn to say you listened to the episode
- Follow Queensland Rugby Union, Queensland Reds across social media
- Website – https://reds.rugby/
- Twitter – @Reds_Rugby
- LinkedIn – Queensland Rugby Union, Queensland Reds
- Facebook – Queensland Rugby & Queensland Reds
- Instagram – @redsrugby
- Check out season 1 of Sports Geek Amplify Series
- Episodes you should listen to
- Conferences we can meet up at
- SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
- Money In Sport in Gold Coast on July 6 2023
- Live Sports Geek interview with NFL's Charlotte Offord
- Football Australia CEO James Johnson will be speaking at Money In Sport
As discussed on the podcast
Today we #EmbraceEquity for International Women’s Day.
Thanks to all women in our #RedsFamily who contribute to our game on & off the field.
Today & every day we continue to strive for a diverse, equitable and inclusive game, free of bias, stereotypes & discrimination.#IWD2023 pic.twitter.com/sSeDhr6Xos
— Queensland Reds (@Reds_Rugby) March 8, 2023
Saturday arvo footy!
40 mins since @SuperRugby FT and the @Reds_Rugby players and fans are still chewing the fat in the stands. Said it before, ill say it again – how good is afternoon footy. pic.twitter.com/Dgk5V6ncc3
— Pete Fairbairn (@Pete_Fairbairn) March 19, 2023
Pete as a sports fan, good read.
Thanks for the many kind messages and comments on the piece I wrote for The Weekend Australian.
If you haven't seen it, you can have a stickybeak at https://t.co/8xii56VuqG@aus_sport
— Pete Fairbairn (@Pete_Fairbairn) September 19, 2021
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek