In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Loretta Johns, Executive General Manager – Media, Marketing & Communications, Sydney Swans
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- Making the move from journalism to “clubland”
- Why you need to be ready to adapt to new challenges like taking on marketing remit
- Understanding the planning (and chaos) of historic Buddy 1000 moment
- How the Swans market to fans and wider Sydney market differently to Melbourne
- The importance and impact of the Swans' Diversity Action Plan
- How digital personas can shape your content design
Listen to Loretta Johns on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Loretta Johns on LinkedIn, and send her a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @lorettajjohns
- Follow Sydney Swans across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series – Season 1 to get a feel for what SEAT Sports Geek Amplify series will be like.
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
- Conferences we can meet up at
- SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
- Money In Sport in Gold Coast on July 6 2023
- Live Sports Geek interview with NFL's Charlotte Offord
- Football Australia CEO James Johnson will be speaking at Money In Sport
As discussed on the podcast
Watch the build-up and mayhem to Buddy 1000!
#Buddy1000 Lance Franklin kicking his 1000th goal
A year to the day.
The legend becomes immortal. #Buddy1000 #Bloods pic.twitter.com/oKLmapnmKY
— Sydney Swans (@sydneyswans) March 25, 2023
So aligned with the discussion with Loretta “Selling experience through fans.”
— Sydney Swans (@sydneyswans) March 26, 2023
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek