On this week’s episode Sean catches up with Darren Birch, General Manager of Growth, Digital and Audience at Australian Football League. Sean and Darren discuss his role at the AFL and the importance of new audiences and growth.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Darren's career in the AFL industry
- The importance of growth and reaching out to new audiences to attract new fans
- The importance of digital to reach new fans and to sell tickets
- What the AFL are doing with younger fans to try and future proof their sport and competing in a flooded market
- The compelling story telling content the first season of AFLW produced
- How Super Trade Tuesday was a roaring success