In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Matt Scriven, Chief Executive Officer at Basketball Australia
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- Matt's journey from playing to basketball to media and back to basketball.
- How has the media landscape has evolved over the past 15 years?
- How media deals can contribute to the growth and development of a sport?
- Matt's first 100 days as CEO of Basketball Australia
- The importance of culture building for the Boomers & Opals teams
- How grassroots basketball drives success for Basketball Australia
- Goals for Paris 2024 Olympic games
Listen to Basketball Australia's Matt Scriven on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Matt Scriven on LinkedIn, and send him a message that you listened to this podcast episode.
- Follow Basketball Australia across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
- Get your tickets sorted to attend SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
As discussed on the podcast
A throwback to Boomers first ever Olympic medal.
It was 12 months ago that we witnessed the Boomers win their first ever Olympic medal! Still remember every quarter like it was yesterday. 🥉😤#rosegoldvibes pic.twitter.com/65ijQuWwOS
— Basketball Australia (@BasketballAus) August 6, 2022
As promised Andrew Gaze after the Boomers' Bronze win, love it Drewy!
The highest recorded attendance for the WNBL.
It’s a record crowd at John Cain Arena 7681 for the @SouthsideFlyers v @TheSydneyFlames.
What a game! 🔥🔥🔥@WNBL pic.twitter.com/rqQJwgYEnK
— Basketball Australia (@BasketballAus) February 4, 2023
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek