In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Jessica Smith, Head of Revenue at Angel City Football Club.
In this podcast, you'll learn about:
- Why moving from sales to sponsorship was an excellent move for Jess?
- Why should you always check your LinkedIn inbox?
- Why “Building a More Equitable World Through Sport” is a driving force for Angel City FC?
- What are the values that matter with Angel City regarding sponsorship?
- How does a purpose-driven revenue model work?
- How does Angel City FC embrace the startup mentality?
Listen to Jessica Smith of Angel City Football Club on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Jessica Smith on LinkedIn, and send her a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @JessicaShazzam
- Follow Angel City FC across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
As discussed on the podcast
As mentioned in the podcast interview by Jess, partnership with Door Dash.
Our partnership model at work – our why. Proud is an understatement. ✨@DoorDash | @weareangelcity https://t.co/blPbyb7SME
— Jess Smith (@JessicaShazzam) July 29, 2022
Some of the amazing athletes backing Angel City FC.
Thanks to an all-star team of top athletes, A-list stars, and powerful investors — think: @jes_chastain, @Candace_Parker, @itsgabrielleu, @lindseyvonn & more — here’s how L.A. landed its dream of a winning @NWSL team.
Meet @weareangelcity: https://t.co/9itUDNn2qd pic.twitter.com/MoxqvEsr8G
— InStyle (@InStyle) September 29, 2022
Angel City winning ESPN Game Changer award, congrats.
— Jess Smith (@JessicaShazzam) December 3, 2022
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek