Pieter Maenhout works with the Royal Belgium Football Association as the Fan Relationship Manager as a fan is more than a customer.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn:
- Why Pieter works in a FRM not a CRM
- The difference between a customer and a fan
- Why UEFA is so focussed on fans, including using fan boards so they have their day
- How digital and marketing were developed as the Belgium Red Devils players developed
- Importance of marketing being connected with players
- Success of Belgium Challenges campaign to connect fans with players
- Why the fan's passion resulted in a town called Yellow to be renamed Red
- What was the focus of Belgium Red Devils during World Cup?
- What is your Belgiumised name? A great way to connect with fans around the world
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Pieter Maenhout on Twitter (@PieterM23) and on Linkedin
- Check out Royal Belgium Football Association – http://www.fotball.no/
- Belgium Red Devils on Facebook, @BelRedDevils on Twitter and @BelgiumRedDevils on Instagram
- Listen to Paul Greenberg chat about CRM on Sports Geek Podcast
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference
- San Francisco 19-22 July 2015 – SPECIAL SPORTS GEEK OFFER – Australian & NZ attendees – Convince your boss with this download
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Posts from Belgium Red Devils
Bringing the players closer to fans via YouTube clips
.@hazardeden10 @Jan_Vertonghen @dries_mertens14 @OfficialRadja, maybe you'll win next time 😉 https://t.co/g9Bizfe5jc #Tousensemble #walbel
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) June 9, 2015
Always profiling fans on all platforms
[PHOTO ALBUM] France – Belgium : our amazing supporters ! http://t.co/cXC5Ci6dJG #frabel #TousEnsemble #TousenFrance pic.twitter.com/F7Zi2eueoO
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) June 8, 2015
Having a strong connection with your players helps obtain content like this
What's Bordeaux without a #vineyard selfie ? 😉 #tousensemble pic.twitter.com/zy1NW4ZsIQ
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) June 3, 2015
Love these aftermovie recaps
This is how the best fans in the world supported us against Israel ! #isrbel #tousensemblehttp://t.co/Gb0TDyhIq3
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) April 2, 2015
Some banter between the Socceroos and Red Devils
.@Socceroos Very impressive, indeed. You remember what we did at the World Cup, right? And that was just two months ago. #quarterfinals
— BelgianRedDevils (@BelRedDevils) September 3, 2014
How can we help you?
Want to join Sean at SEAT 2015?
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
If you love your sport, the business of sports, how technology is enhancing and changing sports, or all of the above, you'll have to listen and subscribe to Sean's SportsGeek podcast. Sean's an engaging and knowledgeable thought leader on sports and how they engage with fans, through technology and in d school ways. His contact list is envious, his experience is fascinating, and his style is warm. Sign-up, press play and soak it up! MJ_Law
Pieter Maenhout, understanding fans in Belgium Football Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek