In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Gen Dohrmann, Chief Executive Officer at Table Tennis Victoria
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- What was the beginning of Gen's career in the sports industry like?
- How did Gen make the transition from digital & marketing to CEO?
- Bringing fresh perspectives to traditional sports can lead to new ideas and opportunities for growth.
- What are her significant early observations she made since assuming the role of CEO?
- Internship opportunities can help build a strong pipeline of talent within sports organisations.
- Advocacies, reasons for existence and why Women Sport Australia is needed
Listen to Gen Dohrmann on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Gen Dohrmann on LinkedIn, and send her a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @gen_dohrmann
- Follow Table Tennis Victoria across social media
- Follow Women Sport Australia across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
- Get your tickets sorted to attend SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
As discussed on the podcast
Strategies from our CEO for TTV…
Excited to develop strategies so we can turn these participants into members in future 🏓 https://t.co/cvtkBT6Tvb
— Gen Dohrmann (@gen_dohrmann) February 7, 2023
Learning the game as discussed on the podcast
Operation increase table tennis knowledge:
State Umpires Course ✅
TOPS Coaching Course ✅
🏓🏓🏓 @tabletennisvic @TableTennisAus @ITTFOceania pic.twitter.com/9J3ft70CyY
— Gen Dohrmann (@gen_dohrmann) February 26, 2023
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek