On this week's episode, Sean chats to Fiona Green, Director and Co-Founder of Winners. Fiona is Sean's “go to” person for all things data and CRM person and a returning guest of the podcast. Sean and Fiona discuss the new general data protection regulations (GDPR) that come into effect this year in the EU.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- What GDPR will mean for companies and how the process of collecting data will change
- Fiona's take on the new regulations and how your business can prepare for these changes
- How good data governance can help build a better sponsorship picture and secure sponsorship
- How UEFA used data to help secure Booking.com sponsorship
- The release of Fiona's book about the world of CRM, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics in the sports industry
Resources from the podcast
- Thanks again to Fiona Green from Winners for returning as a guest on our show
- Connect with Fiona on Twitter @FionaGreen66 and LinkedIn
- Follow the Winner on Twitter @WinnersCRM and LinkedIn
- Here is Facebook's response to GDPR
- Other Sports Geek podcast episodes you might be interested in:
Sign up for these
- Download our new guide – Building Facebook Campaigns
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
- Have you joined the world's largest #SportsBiz Slack Community?
- Looking for a new gig? Sign up for our Sports Geek Jobs Email
Some tweets you may have missed
Need help with GDPR? Call The Winners
43% of #sportsbiz do not feel mgmt are supportive of GDPR compliance c/o @LawInSport If you're one of those and need help to get buy-in we can schedule a call to help you https://t.co/yvcQE8qvxi
— Fiona Green (@fionagreen66) January 25, 2018
Workshops in Serbia
Today we're in Serbia carrying out #CRM workshops for @FSSrbije. Thanks for being so engaged so far! pic.twitter.com/62E4nMmQdb
— Winners CRM 🏆 (@WinnersCRM) February 7, 2018
Can you guess where Winners were?
After @bcfctweets' recent #marketing success using GIFS, we thought we’d try making our own! Can anyone guess where we are today?🤔🏆 #SportsBiz #smsports pic.twitter.com/9sx7LbINFT
— Winners CRM 🏆 (@WinnersCRM) January 23, 2018
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek