This week I catch up with Finn Bradshaw about his background in News, his time at the Herald Sun, how Australia won back the Ashes during his first year with Cricket Australia as well as the role that the new Cricket Australia website will play for the new season ahead.
- Finn's first year with Cricket Australia
- The change in tactics from the Cricket Australia Digital team
- Cricket Australia's new website and their strong focus on content for the new season ahead
- Their partnership with Nine and Accenture
- Cricket World Cup and how they're tackling it as a digital team
Resources from the podcast
- Find Finn Bradshaw on Twitter (@finn_bradshaw) and Linkedin
- Check out new Cricket.com.au website and follow @CricketAus on Twitter all year for Cricket news
- Check out new CricketAustralia.com.au website and follow @CAComms on Twitter
- Check out Financial Review's article about the new Cricket Australia website
- Marketing Magazine look at the changes Finn has made to CA Digital
- Daily Mail article on the “racist tweet” we discussed in the podcast, listen to how it was addressed internally
- Listen to Jay Baer's podcast with Jeramie McPeek including the study on Facebook Ads with Email
- Facebook study – People who open emails are 22% more likely to convert when combined with Facebook Ads
- Sounds of the Game from NRL Facebook page with triumphant Kiwi squad performing Haka for fans after 4 nations win
- Grab your ticket to @SEATConference in San Francisco 19-22 July 2015 and SEAT London March 17 2015
- Contact Sean if you're interested in the pre-SEAT trip taking in sports in Seattle, Portland & San Francisco
- Like SEAT on Facebook and follow @SEATconference on Twitter
- Have you downloaded the Sports Geek Premier League Look Book
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Keith Olberman fires up about cricket.
Tweets from Finn you may have missed
Very proud of the new digital offerings from Cricket Australia
May be biased but love the new http://t.co/kh6pVTEtfX match centre http://t.co/B5QjivbqUR
— Finn Bradshaw (@finn_bradshaw) November 5, 2014
Big fan of Bill Simmons as discussed on the podcast
A remarkably comprehensive run down of Bill Simmons' run ins with ESPN management http://t.co/GFp3zAk0gj
— Finn Bradshaw (@finn_bradshaw) October 19, 2014
Ready for a big summer of cricket
You just gotta love cricket at the @MCG! #AUSvSA pic.twitter.com/EHIMYhqVfY
— cricket.com.au (@CricketAus) November 7, 2014
Friendly banter with AFL Media back in Herald Sun days
A new media Pravda RT @G_Parker: Not to worry, I'm sure we'll read the full story on the AFL's beefed up website in due course.
— Finn Bradshaw (@finn_bradshaw) February 8, 2012
How things have changed… the return serve.
@finn_bradshaw Congrats mate. Hey do we get to make Pravda jokes now?
— valerio veo 🏳️🌈 (@ValerioVeo) September 26, 2013
Did you know Finn was a SAMPion? Listen to me chat with Steve Sammartino after car launch on ep #29
Thrilled to be small part of this RT @seancallanan: Check out #SuperAwesomeMicroProject Video http://t.co/FhvM40lF4Z http://t.co/LnlQc281Gm
— Finn Bradshaw (@finn_bradshaw) December 18, 2013
Why wouldn't two Melbourne digital guys meet for the first time in New York via Twitter?
@seancallanan will you still be here Sunday? We should watch the jets game together?
— Finn Bradshaw (@finn_bradshaw) January 19, 2010
Social Media Post of the Week
Congrats to Dirk Nowitski becoming the 9th All-time leading scorer in NBA history, I was lucky enough to see his 20,000 NBA point on Sport Geek Trip back in 2010 as discussed with Brad Mayne in #63
Lucky enough to be in the building for Dirk Nowitzki's 20,000th point back in 2010.Posted by Sean Callanan on Wednesday, November 12, 2014
What we do
Download Premier League Look Book
Download NFL Look Book
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek