In this fourth episode of our special Money in Esports series, Sean Callanan chats with Dharpan Randhawa about the McLaren Shadow Project.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- Why McLaren entered esports
- The key lessons learned from McLaren Shadow Project Season 1
- What was the response of the gaming community to the event
- Some of Shadow's key success stories
- How does the audience engage via McLaren and how they differ from F1 fans
- Their future plans for McLaren Shadow
Listen to Money in Esports #4 – Dharpan Rhandawa – McLaren Shadow Project
Dhrapan Randhawa on the direction they want McLaren to take
I'd like to see more girls get involved. I gave a keynote at Harvard not long ago where they asked me why aren't there more women in the sports. This sim racing movement will allow that and I'd like to see more girls get into it and developing countries like Southeast Asian countries get into it. I'd love to see a Formula One champion from one of these countries in the not too distant future.
Dharpan Randhawa, McLaren
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Dharpan Randhawa on Twitter @dharpan and LinkedIn
- Learn more about McLaren on Twitter @mclarenshadow, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitch and LinkedIn
- Some related articles about McLaren Shadow Project you might want to read:
- Some Sports Geek episodes you might be interested in:
- Craig Neeb on how technology & digital is deepening ties with NASCAR fans
- How commercial and digital are evolving in sports with Zarah Al-Kudcy
- What you need to know about esports with Tom Halls
- Money in Esports #1 – Esports for Brands
- Download the SG Esports Connecting brands with esports report here
- Need help with your team or athlete's digital? Go to Sports Geek Social Media Athlete Training
- Learn more about Sports Geek's Digital to Dollars process
- Loved this podcast episode? Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Join Sports Geek Nation to connect with sports business executives across the world
SG Esports MEO Tour Saturday
Join SG Esports & Gravitas founder Sean Callanan and ex pro gamer & our GM of Esports Brandon Defina for a tour of Melbourne Esports Open to learn more about the world of esports.
Limited spots available with guided tour to check out all activations and stages across Melbourne & Olympic Parks.
The 45 minute tour starts at Saturday August 31st 2019 at 10am at the Gravitas Fan Booth in the JB Hi-Fi Game On Zone.
Tour includes a Weekend 2-day Ground Pass with access MEO across both days.
Don’t want a guided tour just want a ticket to Melbourne Esports Open?
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek