In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with David Pryles, CEO of Hockey Australia
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- David's entry from finance into sports
- His career across multiple sports and why it was important in his career progression.
- What is Hockey Australia's new strategic plan and how will it impact the future of hockey in Australia?
- How does he balance long and short term goals when preparing for Olympic campaigns, especially with Brisbane 2032 on the horizon
- What are his advice for aspiring professionals in the sports industry?
- What is Digital Face Paint and why is it important to your content team?
Listen to David Pryles on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with David Pryles on LinkedIn, and send him a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @dbp2811
- Follow Hockey Australia across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
- Conferences we can meet up at
- SEAT in Salt Lake City on July 14-15 2023
- Money In Sport in Gold Coast on July 6 2023
- Live Sports Geek interview with NFL's Charlotte Offord
- Football Australia CEO James Johnson will be speaking at Money In Sport
As discussed on the podcast
Hockey will be a big focus for Commonwealth and Olympic games
This is a huge win for hockey in this country and adds to the green and gold runway for sport over the next decade with the summit of the Brisbane Olympics in 2032@CommGamesAUS @AUSOlympicTeam https://t.co/HAI8r93SHB
— David Pryles (@dbp2811) April 12, 2022
As discussed on the podcast participation is big focus for Hockey Australia.
It's a new year and the perfect time to hit the pitch with your friends. Check out the hockey programs in your local area and get involved.
Find your local program at our Club Finder: https://t.co/5cn0plHj4w#TimeToPlay #PlayHockey #Hookin2Hockey pic.twitter.com/nsuFqywxTV
— Hockey Australia (@HockeyAustralia) January 24, 2022
Sports have to make sure all are welcome into their sports.
Hockey Australia have published their 2023 Diversity, Equity & Inclusion Plan centred around priority communities within Australian hockey.
For the full story and to download the plan click on the link.https://t.co/PK5NjPFTl5
— Hockey Australia (@HockeyAustralia) December 7, 2022
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek