In this last part of our special Money in Esports series, Sean Callanan shares the panel discussion about all things esports and broadcasting with Lewis Mitchell from Twitch, Ben Green from ESL and Jacqueline Garrett from GGWP Academy.
On this podcast you'll learn about:
- What is Twitch to non-gamers, marketers and brands
- The key audience and demographic stats for Twitch in Australia
- What do sponsors look for from ESL events and content
- Where does esports fit in the overall strategy for Twitch
- How has the Amazon acquisition changed Twitch as a platform
- The opportunities for brands to engage audiences on Twitch
- What esports fans are looking for from an esports broadcast
Listen to Money in Esports #5 – Broadcasting Esports
Jacqueline Garrett on what esports fans are looking for in broadcast
I think from a viewers perspective they're looking for a bit of creativity. They're looking for the authenticity. They're definitely looking to be entertained. I feel like they don't want to be overly distracted. But I like a bit of creativity in the way that brands are being able to be utilized on Twitch.
Jacqueline Garrett, Founder and CEO of GGWP Academy
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Lewis Mitchell on Twitter @lewymitch and LinkedIn
- Learn more about Twitch on Twitter @Twitch_ANZ, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Connect with Ben Green on Twitter @bengreenau and LinkedIn
- Follow ESL Australia on Twitter @ESLAustralia, Facebook, Instagram, Youtube, Twitch and LinkedIn
- Connect with Jacqueline Garrett on LinkedIn
- Learn more about GGWP Academy on Twitter @ggwpacademy, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn
- Some related articles you might want to read:
- Some Sports Geek episodes you might be interested in:
- Esports and the power of live events – Nick Vanzetti from ESL
- Money in Esports #1 – Esports for Brands
- Money in Esports #2 – Esports in Australia
- Download the SG Esports Connecting brands with esports report here
- Need help with your team or athlete's digital? Go to Sports Geek Social Media Athlete Training
- Learn more about Sports Geek's Digital to Dollars process
- Loved this podcast episode? Leave us a review on Apple Podcasts
- Join Sports Geek Nation to connect with sports business executives across the world
SG Esports MEO Tour Saturday
Join SG Esports & Gravitas founder Sean Callanan and ex pro gamer & our GM of Esports Brandon Defina for a tour of Melbourne Esports Open to learn more about the world of esports.
Limited spots available with guided tour to check out all activations and stages across Melbourne & Olympic Parks.
The 45 minute tour starts at Saturday August 31st 2019 at 10am at the Gravitas Fan Booth in the JB Hi-Fi Game On Zone.
Tour includes a Weekend 2-day Ground Pass with access MEO across both days.
Don’t want a guided tour just want a ticket to Melbourne Esports Open?
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek