In this episode of Sports Geek, Sean Callanan chats with Aileen McManamon, Founder and Managing Partner of 5T Sports Group
On this podcast, you'll learn about:
- How did Aileen end up in the sports tech industry?
- Sustainability and sponsorship CAN work together
- Why is sustainability important to all industries, not just the sports industry?
- How can sports grow sponsorship revenue by replacing verticals that will be phased out?
- Advances in stadium tech to improve sustainability and save costs.
- Opinions of younger fans matter. They care about the climate.
Listen to Aileen McManamon from 5T Sports on Sports Geek
Can't see podcast player? Click here to listen
Pick my brain
Want some help on a campaign, sponsorship or content but don’t know where to start? Book a time with Sean Callanan for a Pick My Brain session.
The Pick my brain session is a two-hour video consulting session where you can get Sean’s thoughts and opinions on ticketing or sponsorship campaigns, campaign development and digital content review.
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Aileen McManamon on LinkedIn, and send her a message that you listened to this podcast episode via Twitter @Ms_SportsBiz.
- Follow 5T Sports Group across social media
- Check out the Sports Geek Amplify series
- Check out some more Sports Geek episodes you might enjoy:
As discussed on the podcast
Aileen McManamon at #3BLForum at New York City
Aileen McManamon @Ms_SportsBiz, Founder and Managing Partner at @5TSports Group, joined us at this year’s #3BLForum post-panel interview to highlight the ongoing conversations around meeting people where they are, rather than imposing on their already established communities. pic.twitter.com/ESRTQDVJ0h
— 3BL Media (@3BLMedia) November 9, 2022
5T Sports Group is a certified B Corp
B Corps care about the planet and future generations. We’re taking action to protect the planet. @5TSports we are 100% powered by renewable energy & procure over 60% of our needs from diversity & local owned businesses. #BetterBusiness #WeAreBCorps #BCorpMonth pic.twitter.com/PDyMSiWZBv
— Aileen McManamon ⚖🌍🏆 (@Ms_SportsBiz) March 10, 2021
Follow Aileen for more on sustainability
When people ask me who I'm impressed with … @F1 is hitting all the right notes in their transformative journey. And they have touched the 3rd rail – the calendar. I'll be stying tuned.#greensports https://t.co/WD0nghopDt
— Aileen McManamon ⚖🌍🏆 (@Ms_SportsBiz) December 6, 2022
Look forward to our next catchup Aileen (and Lenny).
Great breakfast meeting with @seancallanan and @Ms_Sportsbiz at @chambar. 🇨🇦🇦🇺 #sportsgeektrip pic.twitter.com/T4Og2S1kjg
— Lenny Goh (@lennygoh) August 22, 2017
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek