In this episode I catch up with Eric Fernandez, Founder and Managing Partner of SportsDesk Media.
On this Sports Geek Podcast you will learn about:
- Turning fan passion into brand passion
- Data is meaningless, insights are invaluable
- Eric's thoughts on how sponsorship changed in last 15 years
- How Cleveland Browns nabbed a new sponsorship simply from analysing data
- How UFC is tackling and targeting cord cutters
- How sponsorship has moved to activations through digital
- My thoughts on Kobe's retirements, the social media stats and missed opportunities
- Are you pixelling your website?
Resources from the podcast
- Connect with Eric Fernandez on Linkedin and Twitter @eman14
- Check out SportsDesk Media's website
- Follow @SportsDeskMedia on Twitter
- Read my article on Kobe's retirement and the power of the athlete digital platforms
- Revisit my podcast with Dan Migala (one of SportsDesk's co-founders) earlier this year on Big Bash success
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Tweets from Eric
New toys for the office
New toys for the @GoTeamPCG & @SportsDeskMedia office courtesy of @DanMigala. #betterthanabeerfridge pic.twitter.com/Ek0h3LycSX
— JoSabato (@JoSabato) December 4, 2015
Ouch! RT @stringsays: looks like the horns misspelled "prestigious" on all of their offer letters. pic.twitter.com/ApuQBbQupc
— Eric Fernandez (@eman14) August 1, 2015
Interesting kiss cam
Good move Clipps RT @ArashMarkazi: Steve Ballmer and Mark Cuban on the Kiss Cam, well, kind of. pic.twitter.com/dmNJBb3C0f
— Eric Fernandez (@eman14) October 30, 2015
Great opening day 2 by Dan Migala
Nice opening @danmigala #SEAT2015 @SEATconference "be opportunistic, openness matters & share the dream!" pic.twitter.com/ZkjBTDaxqM
— Eric Fernandez (@eman14) July 21, 2015
Love this. So true. RT @ArtOfLinkedIn: People I most enjoy working with — jeffweiner pic.twitter.com/EjwoccNUBE
— Eric Fernandez (@eman14) May 24, 2015
Always great working with Eric
Drinks up! RT@seancallanan: Thanks for the tweetage for my #NSF15 keynote today, hope you're enjoying happy hour… pic.twitter.com/QDXgn22mW7
— Eric Fernandez (@eman14) February 9, 2015
Love this quote on Big Data
@vvargas – great way to define Big Data… pic.twitter.com/XNAWKQvQjT
— Eric Fernandez (@eman14) September 8, 2014
Sports Geek Podcast by the numbers
Thanks for the review on iTunes
Bringing out your inner Sportsgeek
in iTunes by Lukeysi from Australia on November 27, 2015
Stumbled across this podcast over the last month and have now gone back and listened to over most of the episodes. I haven't listened to one where I haven't learning something new and been inspired… I even had a tear listening to episode 74. I look forward to meeting Sean at some point over the next few years and attending SEAT myself!
Want our guide to Facebook Business Manager?
Eric Fernandez on Turning Fan Passion into Brand Passion Transcription
See you at SEAT in Salt Lake City
Join us at SEAT Conference in Salt Lake City Utah on July 14-15 2023. Many of our podcast guests are SEAT attendees.
SEAT is the conference where sports technology executives unite to discuss and solve the tech problems the sports industry is facing. Collaboration across multiple tracks of technology, digital and data has helped the sports industry deliver improvements across stadium access, wi-fi, security, fan engagement, social media, digital content, ticketing and sponsorship revenue. Sean Callanan, Sports Geek