Brad Mayne was one of the key people I met on my very first #SportsGeekTrip when he was CEO of American Airlines Center in Dallas, he is now CEO & President at MetLife Stadium in New York I catch up with him to discuss his career in sports and his recent experience hosting Super Bowl XLVIII. I also reflect on a nightmarish experience leading up to the NRL Grand Final that had a very happy ending.
On this podcast you’ll learn from about:
- The management differences between an indoor and outdoor stadium
- How Brad’s ability working with multiple ownership groups was vital in new role at MetLife Stadium
- How the technology demand on stadiums keeps increasing
- The customer service demands on stadiums and how MetLife Stadium can turn around a bad fan experience
- Moving to paperless ticketing and RFID technology
- What would you do if your phone died before the big game?
Resources from the episode
- Follow Brad Mayne (@bradmayne) on Twitter connect with him on Linkedin
- Congrats to Brad winning Visionary Award with ALSD
- Follow @MLStadium on Twitter and Instagram and Facebook
- A look back at when I met Brad in Dallas at ACC in 2010
- Listen to my chat with Mark Cuban about sports technology and fan experience at Dallas Mavericks games
- The Super Bowl Social Media Concierge service as discussed on the podcast
- Stats on Super Bowl traffic from Extreme, my chat with John Brams
- Join us at @SEATConference in San Francisco in 2015 and like SEAT on Facebook
- SEAT Conference announces SEAT London in 2015 – Registrations open now!
- Congrats to the South Sydney Rabbitohs, especially the digital team of Jez, Chris & Tom
- Listen to Jeremy Monahan talk about the journey the Rabbitohs have been on episode 36
- For the Super Bowl 48 point of view from Seahawks listen to Kenton Olson on episode 58
- Learn more about wi-fi analytics from my SEAT keynote with Michelle McKenna-Doyle (NFL CIO) on episode 57
- Sound of the game was from NRL Grand Final at ANZ Stadium as Greg Ingliss scored the final try in NRL Premiership win.
- Connect with all guests of the podcast and check out the podcast archive
- Thanks for iTunes reviews in Australian iTunes and USA iTunes.
- Have you signed up for weekly Sports Geek News?
Brad’s tweet morning after SB48
Luckily the cold weather didn’t hit during the game, but it didn’t miss by much.
— Brad Mayne, CFE (@bradmayne) February 3, 2014
Last time we met…
Social Media Post of the Week
Congrats to the South Sydney Rabbitohs NRL Premiers for 2014
— South Sydney (@SSFCRABBITOHS) October 5, 2014
and on Instagram
What a moment! #PrideoftheLeague #GoRabbitohs
From the Rabbitohs Family Day using Google+ Auto Awesome feature
Listening via iTunes?
Subscribe to the Sports Geek Podcast in iTunes, if you liked the episode please leave a review on iTunes and help spread the word on your network. Thanks in advance.
Want to pick my brain?
I get asked all the time for people to pick my brain over a coffee or a phone call. My brain is my business, but I am a giving guy. If you are a subscriber to Sports Geek News (below) and are happy to be included on a future podcast I am happy to chat to you about how you can engage sports fans for your team or brand.